Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.0) beta BIOS release

Hi

Has anyone got any idea as to what has changed with the new beta BIOS release as shown here....

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.0)

<table bgcolor="#c8c8c8" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td bgcolor="#ffffff">F12b</td><td bgcolor="#ffffff">2008/09/11</td><td align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff">
    1. Beta bios

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    whilst I appreciate it is only at the beta stage as yet, although some BIOS's remain at that stage for a long time or forever, I would have liked to have seen some release notes.

EDIT: Is it too much to wish that they would add LLC.? The vdrop/droop is a little annoying on this board.
    Last edited by VimesUK; 10-02-2008, 04:19 AM.
    Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R (rev. 2.0) beta BIOS release

Try it out, you are the second to ask. I have not heard. If you do try it and see any changes please post them

Comment

As yet I'm not intrepid enough to do that without knowing what was changed. I don't like to flash my board just because there is a new BIOS out and I only flashed to the latest F11 as I am now using an E0 8500 CPU.

I would have preferred Gigabyte to have noted the changes, some of them could be too subtle for me to notice but have implications on my stable settings.
      Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.

Comment

They usually dont until it is a final, just incase it does not fix anything I assume.

Ya, I keep asking for a changelog url or list somewhere but cannot seem to get one.

I do know of this site that normally has a some info on BIOS's when Gigabyte does not list them. Also often has BIOS's that are not posted yet (Site is in German, No Translation page I have used works so I translate paragraphs at a time).

It is a strangely laid out site so I cannot link you to things, here is the index >>>
        Computertechnik JZelectronic

To get to the BIOS's Click "Neue BIOSe Von Gigabyte" then click the top box

Then to get info on BIOS's click the middle box

Comment

I have the rev 1.0 of this mobo and I have noticed that the f12b bios has improved my stability for overclocking and underclocking DDR3 memory and FSB with a quad core processor. It's not an amazing improvement, but it's definitely enough to make me glad that I updated. There aren't any more options available in any of the menus that I could see. The rev 1.0 and rev 2.0 beta bios were released on the same date so I'm assuming they add in the same changes for both board revisions. I can now underclock my DDR3-1600 to 1300 MHz and a latency of 5, whereas I could only go to 1250 MHz for the F11 bios. Not huge, but I'll take what I can get.

Be sure to first apply the optimized bios settings after you update the bios or it will not hold an overclock. And I also noticed that I needed another 0.1 or 0.2 volts to get my DDR3 to 1.9 from the 1.5 default. So perhaps Gigabyte has yet again screwed around with RAM voltage settings for this board. It's really frustrating that the actual RAM voltage isn't specified in the bios and we just have to take our best guess.

Comment

Working...
          X