X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Hi i bought Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3 rev 1.1
    I had bios vesrsion F2, but i wanted to get F2c, to nonk oc. I did this 2 times:
    0. I plugged pendrive with bios
    1. When PC start press "del"
    2. Bios is open
    3. Now i pushed q-flash
    4. I chosed bios f2c and press "quick"
    After first time. PC reboot and bios were same F2 :/ After second time my computer is reeboting all the time. Nothing on screen, just reeboting :/ Can someone help?

I used this bios:
    GIGABYTE GA-Z170-Gaming K3 Non-K OC BIOS - Overclocking.Guide
    its for revision 1.0, but people with 1.1 used it to, and its working
    Last edited by kyniu92; 04-06-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Any chance of a ten year anniversary update since nobody has floppy drives any more dont think i even have a disk haha.

Need a none floppy recovery option for my new brick a GA-F2A88X-D3H that looks like it has corrupted main and backup bios if there is no other hw fault on the board, have not attempted to flash bios at all the error came about after upgrading GPU's!

Main bios will not post gets stuck at Q code 79

Able to reach Qflash screen breifly using backup bios (power button and reset in ten seconds or link pins 1-6 on main chip) get bios intro screen nothing happens when press Del, End etc then into Qflash but cant flash anything as the Qflash screen stays blank apart from Qflash title header and a mouse curser appears briefly then the system power cycles back to no posting at Q code 79.

Is there any other recovery option have a fat32 drive connected to sata with bios image on its root but nothing doing hate to see a decent mobo bricked....

EDIT

Q code 79 - CSM initialization started?

According to info here FAQ - LED Error Codes | GIGABYTE USA Forum.
      Last edited by RookiE9; 06-05-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Hello all. I have been working on a old but goodie MB GA-990FXA-UD3.
        The last time I used it (10 yrs ago) it ran. now it don't post.
        So my ? is is there a way to flash it without it posting?

Comment

• Comment

• FPT for DOS (Z97) has 672 KB and CRC32 ...6D8AA21E.

FPT DOS-Z97
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

FPT WIN 32/64-Z97
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

For 8/9/X99/C220/C610-series systems which run ME v9.0 - v9.1

Intel ME System Tools v9.1 r7
            Last edited by stasio; 07-11-2020, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Thank you so much, i did manage to reduce the bios to F7, worked like charm but sadly it did not help, windows still keeps freezing.
              dont know if it really related to bios now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biablo View Post
                Thank you so much, i did manage to reduce the bios to F7, worked like charm but sadly it did not help, windows still keeps freezing.
                dont know if it really related to bios now.
                Try to google ....https://www.google.com/search?client...ME+support%2C+
                or
                maybe this links help you...
                https://www.win-raid.com/t871f50-Gui...UEFI-BIOS.html

https://www.win-raid.com/t4669f16-Re...e-support.html
                Last edited by stasio; 07-11-2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Hi All,

We have just had a customer drop a computer off to us. They have gone ahead and tried to do a bios update and installed the wrong bios! GRRRRR!! Coming up "ID CHECK ERROR" when we try and flash the correct bios update to the board in QFLASH

Can anyone assist me in how to get this board back to either its original BIOS or how to reformat it back to a Z390UD BIOS.

I have tried using a DOS FLASHING utility with Rufus but can not find a an option for flashing or forcing flash to update even on error.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X