X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

unfortunately my friend ,in rev 1.0 mobo
    bios is inside Intel ICH7 chip, it is not a stand alone chip like the other versions.
    i think there is no solution.

Comment

Thx for the guide.

Two problems I found with this guide. There is no mention of Efiflash. I was about to use bios flash switch commands till I noticed the flashing program had a different name (presumably flashing bios not UEFI bios). Also I find Rufus tool a better method than HP USB tool and the page for flashing the bios by Stasio references this guide and direct link to rufus tool.

The 2nd problem is the guide talks about floppy disks and I have one but the bios is 8Mb for Z97X-gaming 5, nForce 2 was 2Mb.

For reference here is a guide on efiflash:

However it fails to mention that in order to create a DOS bootable USB u need to select Fat32 default (ignoring if fat16 works or not). I was stumped and thought I needed an earlier version till I figured it out.
      Last edited by Megatron; 03-28-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Use FPT-Win32/64- Z97 to flash in Windows.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
            Use FPT-Win32/64- Z97 to flash in Windows.

https://www.mediafire.com/?9t5ejhbislk85if

Done!
            the just order has been restored

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hello,
              my motherboard indicates erreur debug led C0 ploughshare strength, this is how I solve the problem! can you help me?

soc force z97 no backup!
              thanks
              Last edited by nexus35; 01-31-2016, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nexus35 View Post
                Hello,
                my motherboard indicates erreur debug led C0 ploughshare strength, this is how I solve the problem! can you help me?

soc force z97 no backup!
                thanks
                Switch to Backup BIOS and force to reflash Main BIOS with ALT+F10

Comment

on my ga-z170x gaming 3, i need to let it make a reboot cycle, or else it reverts to old bios. So, i flash new bios, i get 3 restarts, then everything starts.

first time i updated the bios i went immediately to settings, it got stucked and restored to older version, the i reflashed let the restart cycle and worked.
                  Is it ok???
                  thx

Comment

Yes.

Comment

My GA-Z170X-UD5 TH is stuck with F4, no matter how I flash F5d (Skylake bugfix). Is there something I need to setup first?
                      I tried Q-Flash as well as Efiflash using FreeDOS. Both report a successfull flash, but after a reboot I am back on F4.

Comment

I've read the QFLASH guide here. Tried all sorts of different combos but the bios just doesnt recognize my USB stick. Tried a different USB stick. Yes it's FAT32 formatted. Yes I enabled Legacy xxx USB settings in BIOS. AM i missing anything else?

I have the Z170 - SLI. 6600k. Windows 10 PRO w/ all updates. BIOS F3
                        2x8GB Gskill 2400 RAM (it's listed as supported on your site)

The built is brand new. Ever since day one it randomly freezes, not BSOD. Have to hard reset. It's getting a bit ridiculous especially if you're trying to do some work or talking to clients.

I want to flash my BIOS to F6, the latest one to see if this freezing stops. I dont want to use the Windows App to flash the BIOS since windows is already unstable.

Any other work arounds to flash the bios?

Comment

^
                          Unzip file with BIOS F6, connect USB to USB2 ports (same row as PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Port),copy only F6 BIOS on FAT32 USB stick.
                          Go to BIOS setting (DEL on GB splash screen),once you are in BIOS press F8 (QFlash) and follow instructions.

Edit:
                          If you have really problem with USB (which I doubt),make small additional FAT32 partition (50-100MB) on your hard drive
                          and place BIOS file there.
                          Last edited by stasio; 05-17-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

does it only work with a usb2 port? i used my front ones, which are usb 3. with the option to format a small partition, how do you get the Qflash to recognize that partition? Currently it says "Cannot find drive"

have you seen anybody else have the same freezing problem with this board/setup? i see lots of different freezing issues online and not that many helpful solutions.

Comment

Is QFlash the best method to update BIOS for a X79-UD3 motherboard? The tutorial says not to use @BIOS at all but then in the "Gigabyte Beta BIOS" thread has a link to the @BIOS for X79. I am confused.

Just want to know the proper/safest method on updating the BIOS on this motherboard. Also, would I need to also update the secondary/backup BIOS chip too when I update? I plan to use latest Beta BIOS with latest OROM's and Microcode using UBU tool.

Thank You!

Comment

^
                                In early days (when this guide has been posted), @BIOS has some difficulties.
                                Since then @BIOS improve,so is OK to flash.

Backup BIOS reflash:
                                ALT+F12 - AWARD BIOS
                                ALT+F10 - UEFI BIOS
                                (when you start PC,before splash screen)

Comment

Working...
                                X