Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte-x48-DQ6

Hi,

Iv got a Gigabyte-x48-DQ6 with GEIL Black Dragon 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR2 PC2 6400 800Mhz 5-5-5-15 /8-Layer PCB with LED Retail (GB28GB6400C5QC) and an Intel Core 2 q9450 (not overclocked) all the settings in the bios are default exept for

PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.3V]

That i tryed out to make it better, havent seen any difference.

I had problems with my hdd went corrupt and computer restarted itself and stuch when i had another type of ram, then i bought these and now im getting small lag's inbetween in windows.

Im useing Windows Vista 64bit.

Iv read a bit around on this forum and alot of people seam to have to tweak theyr memmory settings to get theyr computer working propperly, is this something i have to do? can you help me get my computer working propperly?

Re: Gigabyte-x48-DQ6

Well you may or may not need +.3 on MCH. But yes, with 8GB you will need to for sure do some tweaking, and added MCH voltages. Auto subtimings is likely your issues

First can you test each stick one by one with memtest86+ to be sure you do not have a dead or dying stick >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Then please post back your settings you are trying in this template and I will post you back some suggested things to try. What BIOS Number are you using, just wondering

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Comment

Ok, so i tested all the memory bricks, one by one with memtest86+ v2.01
      and all passed with no errors.

Before i did so i had all 4 bricks in and got an error on 1 pass out of 5 when i let it run over the night.

i will post this picture i took later, now im testing with memory bricks in eather the 2 yellow banks or the 2 red banks to se if i get any errors.

This is realy wierd and i would love to get a fix on it :/

I will post my bios settings later also.

but as i said all ar default/auto exept that i tryed to tweak

Comment

No errors when testing 2 and 2 in the yellow or the red banks.

Comment

Ok, sounds like you may just need some small tweaks to your memory timings with only that one error in those tests you ran. And I doubt that this would cause your original HD Corruption issue, but it could perhaps. What HD brand is this anyway?

Please download and install this program, called MemSet, and run it and take a screenshot of the timings so I can see what your Board is using in windows for your AUTO settings in the BIOS >>>
          Tweakers.fr

Note, please also before you play with that program anymore then taking a screenshot, go read my Memory Guide and see the comments about it. Just incase you decide to play without knowing what it does.

Then, I also would like for you to fill in the template please so I can know for sure your settings. I know you said Auto, but I need to know for sure what you have on auto and what is not. You can take a picture and post it if you find that to be easier, I do not mind at all

Comment

Well here you got screenshot out of memset.

yeah, and i tryed setting the prechange delay to 18, read somewhere that i could try "looseing up" the timeings.

And i tryed to OC a bit to get 1:1 fsb/dram. but im still haveing problems, mainly when reading from any of my disks.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Gogorian; 09-05-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Please also Post your Full MIT settings so I can see all BIOS settings as well. Thanks

For now, you may want to raise ACT to ACT to 4-5, and Refresh to Act Delay to 65-75 for now until I see the rest of your settings to better advise you. You can likely also bring down MCH voltage to .2

Comment

I tryed changeing those values and now my drive is corrupt again.

Comment

I so hate haveing to try to fix something thats new and are suposed to be working.

Comment

Well now i reinstalled 2 times, and none of my nettwork cards are working anymore,
                    windows says :

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware the driver may be corrupt or missing. (code 39)

I put all my settings in bios back to default and still getting this, only thing i can think of is that this mobo is realy crazy and i need to get a new one, cause so far its only caused me trouble and its not even a week old yet.

Comment

Sounds like your drive is bad, what brand is it? Have you checked it with HDDlife >>>
                      HDDlife® - real-time hard-drive monitoring utility with alerts, malfunction protection and data loss prevention functions. This hard-drive inspector is a proactive hard drive failure detection system that controls 100% of hard-drive risks.

I say that because those are very loose timings and should give you no issues.

See if this helps any >>>

PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________5
                      Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
                      Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
                      Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18

Make sure you set these to these values in the BIOS, not what they appear as in memtest, they will differ
                      ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 5
                      Rank Write to READ Delay________ 14
                      Write to Precharge Delay_________ 12
                      Refresh to ACT Delay______________75
                      Read to Precharge Delay__________ 8
                      Static tRead Value_______________ 10
                      Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31 << Leave Auto or Zero or 1-31

MCH +.25 - .30

How hot is your Northbridge? Can you touch it for more then 10 seconds, with your finger, while the system is running? It may need a fan on it with 8GB, at the very least the thermal paste for sure likely needs redone under it if you feel up to it. If you do, use NON Conductive, and clean off the old paste carefully. Be careful in general because that is a BARE Silicon chip under there. The factory "Gunk" Is always either way to thick, not enough coverage, or too little coverage.

I may not be able to reply back to you until tonight, I am having Satellite issues due to the hurricane. I will be back tonight, weather permitting
                      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-06-2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X