X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS

Originally posted by costello View Post
    hi
    i have the following mother board ga ep-31 ds3l rev 2.1 motherboard with FC bios
    i would like some help in setting the timings for my ram, everything is set on auto in bios. i got 1gb ddr2@800 mhz 5-5-5-18 kingmax(gonna add another 1gb stick this weekend for 2gb)
    thing is that the mem is seen at 533mhz 4-4-4-12 with everthing on auto and its voltage is 1.936, i want to know what to do to make it run at 800mhz, its default speed.
    im running an Intel Celeron D [email protected], hd 4650 512ddr2/128 bit
    if you could help me with all the settings(and i mean everything :D), since i dont know anything about this stuff :)
    The CPU bus frequency 133MHz and max memory multiplier 4 are limited to DDR-533.
    The only way to get the memory running at 800MHz is to OC bus speed to 200MHz with CPU Ratio 15 or 16, which I don't know if it is possible with this processor.

Comment

well i was kinda thinking that the CPU would be the downside, since is way past his bedtime :).
      i do not have the "cpu ratio" option in the bios screen, i can only increase the fsb but this way the clock speed will go up to right?
      any suggetions?
      thank you

Comment

No CPU Clock Ratio or Fine Clock Ratio in BIOS?
        Yes, CPU multiplier is 23 I think so it would go over 4.6GHz.
        As I said I don't know about that CPU, maybe someone else does.
        Upgrade maybe, E6x00 or E5x00 if you don't want to spend too much money.

Comment

No CPU Clock Ratio or Fine Clock Ratio.
          and yes, the multiplier is 23
          ill try with the fsb at 200, hope it will stay stable :)
          any other things i should change, voltages or smth?or should i leave everything on auto?

LE: come to think of it...if i up the fsb to 200, ill get like 4.60ghz cpu speed
          Last edited by costello; 12-18-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

No chance for that, better not even try. If you could control CPU ration than maybe.

Comment

yeah ur right, i wont try it :)
              maybe ill get a new cpu, that should solve the problem :)

Comment

It's not realy a problem just what this CPU is capable of.
                If you get new ram stick try to find the same model you currently have. Mixing different ram may also be a problem.

Comment

i just have 1 stick of ram now, and the other stick ill add when i get home is identical :)
                  well im off home now.
                  have a nice week-end and 10x again

Comment

Thanks for this thread Lsdmeasap, very interesting.

I need some advice as regards my timings please. My trd shows as 1, is that possible? I had timings at 7-7-7-16 and it was 2. Have them at 6-6-6-16 now in bios, all other ram settings are on auto. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Songok View Post
                      I need some advice as regards my timings please. My trd shows as 1, is that possible? I had timings at 7-7-7-16 and it was 2.
                      Had seen another user that hade the same.
                      Can you boot if you set it manually to 1?

Comment

I've always wanted to ask is there way to set up all precharge to activate and all precharge to refresh timings on Gigabyte boards (UD series to be more specific). Are they dependant on other timings?
                        P45-UD3P 1.0 F10i E8400@550x8 max stable OCZ Blade LV 2x2gb 1150@1350 2v max stable

Comment

I will check for you tonight, did you look in the advanced timing, and turnaround pages?

Comment

No such or similar timings in advanced and channel a/b settings, in DFI mobos you can directly change them, in GB maybe some other timings affect them.
                            P45-UD3P 1.0 F10i E8400@550x8 max stable OCZ Blade LV 2x2gb 1150@1350 2v max stable

Comment

Ahh yes, you are correct. I was thinking of the other write to read/read to write settings.

You will not be able to set these with current GA BIOS, you could write in and make a suggestion for them to add it when they have time.

They are always improving BIOS and would always love to hear what customers need, shoot them an email and ask them to pass along the suggestion to the BIOS engineers
                              GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Comment

Hello all, I'm new to this forum :p

I have a memory problem with my GA-EX58-DS4. I have encountered a thread where a few users have the identical issue and they had to RMA their boards...I have an unreplied to support ticket with GB already. I am really hoping there is a fix as I believe it is broken code or something at the bios level...But barring that advice on the best way to do an RMA with Gigabyte would be greatly appreciated.

Right off the bat I should mention this is due to flashing my bios from f5f to f11...though I am certain I flashed correctly. I used a USB drive and Qflash, and loaded optimised defaults. No problems were encountered. Previous to the flash triple channel was running fine at 1580, 6x1 GB, 190 BCLK. All voltages STOCK, except for Vcore, which is even only at 1.34, a little less than intels warranty spec for my i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz. Yes...I lucked out on my proc. All torture tested with prime 95 and stable. DRAM at 1.5v as suggested for the ram.

Basically channel C is broken. If I put all my ram in, 6x1GB Aenon Xtune DDR3-1600 CL9 at the rated speed (1580 with my 190 bclk), it wont post. A restart will produce a screen saying that my system was unstable from overclocking, and four gigs will be detected. If I remove the memory from channel C, 4 gigs is still detected, but I can have it running at the old stable OC, 1580mhz (which isnt actually OC for the ram...it's rated slightly higher.) Oddly, with all the slots populated, it will set one timing for the ram in channel C, the first one, the other values are -. CPUZ sees it as 6gb running in triple channel, and DMIinfo sees it as well, though it says something about bank 4&5 for channel C, whereas channel a and b show their own banks...I have no idea what that means but I was looking for differences between the working channels and channel C. Windows (Vista x64) will see 6GB but task manager will only see 4. I have checked my socket for bent pins, tried reseating the heatsink a couple times, made sure it wasn't on too tight. Of course I have tested all my ram in the working slots and they are fine. I have flashed to older and newer BIOS. Older versions of the bios will have every timing set for the ram in channel C, except "turnaround time" which is -. But post on old bios will still show 4gb despite that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading my lengthy post.

Comment

Working...
                                X