• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS

Originally posted by E-mil View Post
    I can use both 2.00B and 2.00D.

Usualy I use 2.00B, what is difference and which one is better to use
    Best to use is the one that gives better performance, while maintaing stability of course.
    If B let you use lower tRD with better performance and is still stable trhan use it, otherwise use the D.

Comment

If Performance Level in BIOS is set to AUTO Memset shows 0. Why ?

Lowest value I can set is 9.
      This must be due to some error since he changed it to work for you, as it normally does not ever show 0, and you should be able to set 6/7-14+ if you like, depending on other settings of course.

I would send in a report to Felix again and show him that 0 shows up instead of blank. It is really nothing to worry about as you should just set your own setting anyway, but it does seem to bug you so you may want to let him know so he can try to correct it.

I can use both 2.00B and 2.00D.

Usualy I use 2.00B, what is difference and which one is better to use
      See my thoughts on this here, I did some quick testing >>
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/f58/2-00...arision-31656/

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        This must be due to some error since he changed it to work for you, as it normally does not ever show 0, and you should be able to set 6/7-14+ if you like, depending on other settings of course.
        When I said "Lowest value I can set is 9", mean lower than 9, my system freeze, or if I set 8 or lower in BIOS, windows won't boot.

I would send in a report to Felix again and show him that 0 shows up instead of blank. It is really nothing to worry about as you should just set your own setting anyway, but it does seem to bug you so you may want to let him know so he can try to correct it.

See my thoughts on this here, I did some quick testing >>
        http://forums.tweaktown.com/f58/2-00...arision-31656/
        Thx for useful link
        I will send report to Felix
        MBO:EP45-DQ6, CPU:Q9650 @ 4,00 GHz, Cooler:IFX-14 + 2x120 mm, RAM:OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 2x2 GB
        HDD:2 x WD 640 AAKS, GPU:Sapphire HD4870 + scythe musashi, PSU:Corsair VX450, MON:Asus VW221D

Comment

Ahh well I meant it should not being showing zero in Memset is all, and that you should be able to set manually 6-14+ if you are using the correct settings. Of course you can't just set 6-8, you must do this at certain times or settings only otherwise it will not work

Comment

Performance Level is not always zero when auto selected in BIOS, it is only set to zero if BIOS think it cannot set any other value e.g. 15(max value) is too low.
            The zero is not a bug, it is probably what it is realy set to, and he added 0 to the menu option to enable the Apply button.

There is a problem there though, at least on my system, if I try to change from 0 to anything else the system boot instantly, no blue screen just a reboot.

Comment

Ya, I asked him to report that to Felix and he has. Felix said he did not know why it shows zero either, but likely due to something he needs to further correct since he just added support for E-mil's board/bios so that the apply button worked.

I have NEVER seen it say Zero, that is why I told him to report it to Felix. It should show the set value, an auto value (Sometimes), or be blank. Should not be zero ever.

Comment

how do I run memtest I get this error when I click the exe file ... you must use normal size 96ppp please help

Comment

I have NEVER seen it say Zero, that is why I told him to report it to Felix. It should show the set value, an auto value (Sometimes), or be blank. Should not be zero ever.
                  There was never a zero option there before Felix changed it. When it showed blank the Apply button was disabled, that was his fix.
                  Felix didn't say he does not know why it show zero, he said he does not know why it is zero.
                  Apparently it can be zero. My P35 ASUS boards has "DRAM Static Read Control" with an option to disable it, maybe zero means disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by bathala View Post
                    how do I run memtest I get this error when I click the exe file ... you must use normal size 96ppp please help
                    You need to get the latest version, I do think he changed the DPI requirement. If not, you will have to change your DPI back to normal instead of large.

Here is the latest version, try this
                    http://www.tweakers.fr/download/MemSet41b9.zip

Or try the latest (older) beta posted here
                    Tweakers.fr

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                    There was never a zero option there before Felix changed it. When it showed blank the Apply button was disabled, that was his fix.
                    Felix didn't say he does not know why it show zero, he said he does not know why it is zero.
                    Apparently it can be zero. My P35 ASUS boards has "DRAM Static Read Control" with an option to disable it, maybe zero means disabled.
                    That is likely, zero is just disabled. B2B write back cache shows disabled though when it is disabled in CPU-tweaker, that is why I thought it was an error due to his updating to correct the previous issue

Comment

thank you sir... but yup I still get that error message from my OS
                      OS error says: you must use normal size 96ppp to use this software, you want change it office>right click>property>parameters>advanced>general. choose normal size.

how do I do that? Sorry sooo noob ty in advance

Comment

thanks I got it now , changed the dpi settings now its running .. next step figure this out thanks so much

Comment

Then you are using large DPI. Please change this in display properties as shown in this image >>

Then reboot and it should be good to go. This will make your font smaller, just so you know. You can then increase the font sizes if you want instead, if you need to know about this let me know

Comment

thanks so much.. I'm good with that now. I'll just put some other questions on the thread I started thanks again you're the best

Comment

Cool, glad to see you got it figured out! I'll catch up to you on your other thread.

Comment

hi
                                i have the following mother board ga ep-31 ds3l rev 2.1 motherboard with FC bios
                                i would like some help in setting the timings for my ram, everything is set on auto in bios. i got 1gb ddr2@800 mhz 5-5-5-18 kingmax(gonna add another 1gb stick this weekend for 2gb)
                                thing is that the mem is seen at 533mhz 4-4-4-12 with everthing on auto and its voltage is 1.936, i want to know what to do to make it run at 800mhz, its default speed.
                                im running an Intel Celeron D [email protected], hd 4650 512ddr2/128 bit
                                if you could help me with all the settings(and i mean everything :D), since i dont know anything about this stuff :)
                                10x in advance and if u want anymore details pls tell me :)
                                p.s. bad thing is that i dont have internet at home untill after newyears, and i can only check this when im at work

ill add this to if it helps, hope i did it right(where i put an "X" means i dont have that option):
                                Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
                                CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] X
                                Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]X
                                CPU Host Clock Control_ [Disabled]
                                CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [133]
                                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [Auto]
                                C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                                System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [Auto]
                                DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Auto]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 4
                                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 4
                                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4
                                Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________2
                                Rank Write to READ Delay________ 2
                                Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4
                                Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 34
                                Read to Precharge Delay__________2
                                Static tRead Value_______________4
                                Static tRead Phase Adjust________0 [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]X
                                CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]X
                                GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]X

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                                DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [Normal]
                                PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
                                FSB OverVoltage Control___ [normal]
                                (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [Normal]
                                CPU Voltage Control_______ [Normal]
                                CPU GTLREF VOLTAGE RATIO=0.636
                                Normal CPU Vcore=1.31250V

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]X
                                No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]X
                                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]X
                                C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]X
                                x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]X
                                CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]X
                                CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]X
                                Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC - X

Integrated Peripherals
                                Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB
                                Last edited by costello; 12-18-2009, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X