This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS

I see that show up as blank if you are using Auto for the setting in the BIOS, or Auto for all memory settings. Set them manually, and then set Static tRead Value manually and you will see a value there and be able to change it

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      I see that show up as blank if you are using Auto for the setting in the BIOS, or Auto for all memory settings. Set them manually, and then set Static tRead Value manually and you will see a value there and be able to change it
      i understand that, thx,
      but for example - if I have default settings (after Load Optimized Defaults‎ all values are on AUTO), then I can make chages in memset

also i've noticed when:

Rated Memory Timings ----> manually selected,
      Advanced Memory Timings ----> AUTO

and if:
      1.System Memory Multiplier ----> manually selected ===> can't see APPLY button
      2.System Memory Multiplier ----> AUTO ===> I can press APPLY button

MBO:EP45-DQ6, CPU:Q9650 @ 4,00 GHz, Cooler:IFX-14 + 2x120 mm, RAM:OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 2x2 GB
      HDD:2 x WD 640 AAKS, GPU:Sapphire HD4870 + scythe musashi, PSU:Corsair VX450, MON:Asus VW221D

Comment

For your first comment I am not sure what you are asking or saying. Maybe I was confused when I replied to you last night.

If I was sorry, I was only trying to explain why sometimes Memset will show tRD as blank.

Hmm, are you using the latest memset? Have you tried older ones? Latest BIOS? How about older ones?

I have a P45-DS4P and have no issues and always use my own memory multi, I assume the DQ6 should be fine as well since it is about the same board/BIOS.

What Memory multi are you using anyway, with what FSB? Did you test other memory multi's as well and see the same results?

If you are using the latest BIOS, you may need to send in a CPU-z dump to Felix as other suggested as you should not be having this issue if you are using a newer BIOS and a newer version of memset

Comment

edit

Comment

Did you mean to post something, or are you editing now?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              For your first comment I am not sure what you are asking or saying. Maybe I was confused when I replied to you last night.

If I was sorry, I was only trying to explain why sometimes Memset will show tRD as blank.

Hmm, are you using the latest memset? Have you tried older ones? Latest BIOS? How about older ones?

I have a P45-DS4P and have no issues and always use my own memory multi, I assume the DQ6 should be fine as well since it is about the same board/BIOS.

What Memory multi are you using anyway, with what FSB? Did you test other memory multi's as well and see the same results?

If you are using the latest BIOS, you may need to send in a CPU-z dump to Felix as other suggested as you should not be having this issue if you are using a newer BIOS and a newer version of memset
              I understand you have too much guestions and so little time to help us, but I really appreciate your help.

Like I posted before (post 145 and post 152) on SS is three versions of Memset.
              BIOS is F12 (not latest, only BETA versions are released after)
              I use 2.00B multi with 445 FSB.Tested other multi's and have same results. Works good, only if memory multi is set to AUTO.

also posted this to Felix adn waiting for answer
              MBO:EP45-DQ6, CPU:Q9650 @ 4,00 GHz, Cooler:IFX-14 + 2x120 mm, RAM:OCZ PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 2x2 GB
              HDD:2 x WD 640 AAKS, GPU:Sapphire HD4870 + scythe musashi, PSU:Corsair VX450, MON:Asus VW221D

Comment

Ahh, OK! Thanks for clearing a little of that up for me.

Can you please try the latest BIOS now and see if things are the same? Please be sure to clear CMOS this time after you flash, then load optimized defaults.

This way we can see if maybe it is specific to the BIOS or older BIOSes you have been using.

Yes Beta is fine to use, it is all I ever use myself so do not worry.

Comment

Originally posted by E-mil View Post
                  also posted this to Felix adn waiting for answer
                  Felix reply to you:
                  E-mil: could you make a registers dump when APPLY button is greyed (with cpuz->last table->registers.txt)
                  and send it at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                    Felix reply to you:
                    I saw and send him register dump last night

he was very guick

Memset 4.1 working great now and i have no problem anymore

thanks to all

Comment

I saw and send him register dump last night

he was very guick

Memset 4.1 working great now and i have no problem anymore

thanks to all
                      Is Apply button enabled even when Performance Level is blank, or is there something in Performance Level?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                        Is Apply button enabled even when Performance Level is blank, or is there something in Performance Level?
                        Now Performance Level is not blank, now is 0 (zero)

Comment

Now Performance Level is not blank, now is 0 (zero)
                          Right, but you probably don't want it on 0.
                          Run memory benchmark like Everest Memory & Cache benchmark or MaxxMEM² - PreView, and see the difference between 0 and setting it to the lowest possible value(other than 0).

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                            Right, but you probably don't want it on 0.
                            Run memory benchmark like Everest Memory & Cache benchmark or MaxxMEM² - PreView, and see the difference between 0 and setting it to the lowest possible value(other than 0).
                            If Performance Level in BIOS is set to AUTO Memset shows 0. Why ?

Lowest value I can set is 9.

I see the differences between 0 and 9, but I don't understand how it works.
                            Suppose a higher is better.

I just started reading and learning about memory OC and tweaking, and need more time.

Thanks Chike !

Comment

Highjer read, write, and copy are better of course. Lower latency is better too.
                              Performance Level will not always show 0 for auto, only when BIOS decides it can't use less than or equal to 15, but you can see BIOS is not very smart, manually you can do much better.

tRD depends on FSB frequency (higher FSB higher tRD), memory timings (lower timing lower tRD).

Which multiplier are you using 2.00B or 2.00D? The B multiplier may enable you to use one lwss tRD than with D multiplier, if you can use it.

Comment

I can use both 2.00B and 2.00D.

Usualy I use 2.00B, what is difference and which one is better to use

Comment

Working...
                                X