• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS

Good luck!!!!

Comment

14+ hrs. P95 @ 4.1ghz and still going. Relaxed timings to 5-5-5-15. Everything else is the same...... and I got my best SuperPi 1m time at this setting- 11.36 sec.

Comment

E8500 @ 4.1ghz

28 hrs. stable enough? ;) Rock solid here w/ 11.36 SuperPi 1M times at loose timings. I may try to get it to 4-4-4-12 at 4.1ghz, but my G.Skill will probably not play.

LSD- Why doesn't Gigabyte put memory dividers on these boards? The BIOS only allows you to run 1:1 or higher with the memory. I could use a 5:4 or 6:5 FSB to memory divider.

Sure would be cause for a bios update for me if you added that setting like most other boards have ;)

Comment

WHAT? You can use all of these memory dividers >>>

If MCH is manually set you will only see the available ones per that set, if MCH is in Auto you would see them all with thier respective letters.

But anyway, ANY/ALL Straps have more then 2.00 (1:1) available, why do you say you only see 2.00?

Comment

I'd like to run my memory LESS than 2.00......

I think having to run memory 1:1 or MORE limits my overclock. I don't see any way in the bios to run my memory less than 1:1.

ie.... say I want to run 500fsb- with this BIOS I don't see how I can run my memory at DDR800?? See where I'm coming from? I have to run my memory at DDR1000 with any MCH/NB setting if I go to 500fsb.

2.00 is the lowest setting available on any strap. How about a 1.25, 1.5 and a 1.75 setting? At 1.25 I could run 500FSB and have my memory at DDR800. No more memory tweaking issues and I could clock the heck out of my chip without stressing my memory and having to overvolt that as well and play with timings.

I'd love to keep tight memory timings with my CPU at it full potential.

Comment

That is NOT Possible at all

The lowest you can run is 1:1 (2.00)

So to run 500 FSB you are right, the minimal you can run your ram is 1000

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                That is NOT Possible at all

The lowest you can run is 1:1 (2.00)

So to run 500 FSB you are right, the minimal you can run your ram is 1000
                I know it is not possible on my board. That's the entire point of my post here.....

What I'm saying is that it would be a nice BIOS option as it is on many other manufacturers boards. Lower divider options than 2.00 would be an EASY bios mod for Gigabyte.

1.25, 1.5 and 1.75 would be sweet ;)

I'll post this in the bios thread. PM me if you are not clear on what it is I'm trying to explain.
                Last edited by cdelong; 12-12-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

It is not possible on ANY Intel based board, this is/has been a known fact for many years

Only AMD boards have the memory controller separate from the FSB like you want to do. Intel systems cannot run the Ram slower then the FSB by Intel design, a BIOS option for this would not be possible. Now, it may be possible with the new 1366 socket boards as the memory controller and "FSB Speed" can now be unlinked

If you want further information as to why you will need to contact Intel

Comment

I last had a P5B Deluxe that I never really needed a memory divider so I didn't look in the bios too far for it. My G.Skill would handle all any CPU I had could throw at it.

This board (Intel based) however, had plenty of memory dividers to play with to run my memory slower than 1:1 ;)

[H] Enthusiast - ABIT IC7-MAX3

First board I hit 3ghz with :)

Comment

Are you talking about DDR2 or DDR ?
                      ABIT IC7-MAX3 is board 5 years ago

Comment

Right ^^^

DDR2 is 1:1 only with Intel boards

Comment

what difference do the settings for performance enhance make - why should it be set to standard?
                          GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                          i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                          32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
                          Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                          Seasonic G-550

Comment

Felt like playing tonight after a few beers....

4.275Ghz just fine.... SuperPi 109sec! Finally broke the 11 second barrier

I will Prime her overnight and onto 24hours from there if it makes it. Will post back with a 24 hour screenie... hopefully
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some nice drinking results!!!

Comment

MemSet 4.0 has been released

Comment

Working...
                                X