X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsdmeasap
    replied
    Re: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS

Cool, glad to see you got it figured out! I'll catch up to you on your other thread.

Leave a comment:

• bathala
    replied

thanks so much.. I'm good with that now. I'll just put some other questions on the thread I started thanks again you're the best

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Then you are using large DPI. Please change this in display properties as shown in this image >>

Then reboot and it should be good to go. This will make your font smaller, just so you know. You can then increase the font sizes if you want instead, if you need to know about this let me know

Leave a comment:

• bathala
    replied

thanks I got it now , changed the dpi settings now its running .. next step figure this out thanks so much

Leave a comment:

• bathala
    replied

thank you sir... but yup I still get that error message from my OS
    OS error says: you must use normal size 96ppp to use this software, you want change it office>right click>property>parameters>advanced>general. choose normal size.

how do I do that? Sorry sooo noob ty in advance

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Originally posted by bathala View Post
    how do I run memtest I get this error when I click the exe file ... you must use normal size 96ppp please help
    You need to get the latest version, I do think he changed the DPI requirement. If not, you will have to change your DPI back to normal instead of large.

Here is the latest version, try this
    http://www.tweakers.fr/download/MemSet41b9.zip

Or try the latest (older) beta posted here
    Tweakers.fr

Originally posted by Chike View Post
    There was never a zero option there before Felix changed it. When it showed blank the Apply button was disabled, that was his fix.
    Felix didn't say he does not know why it show zero, he said he does not know why it is zero.
    Apparently it can be zero. My P35 ASUS boards has "DRAM Static Read Control" with an option to disable it, maybe zero means disabled.
    That is likely, zero is just disabled. B2B write back cache shows disabled though when it is disabled in CPU-tweaker, that is why I thought it was an error due to his updating to correct the previous issue

Leave a comment:

• Chike
    replied

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I have NEVER seen it say Zero, that is why I told him to report it to Felix. It should show the set value, an auto value (Sometimes), or be blank. Should not be zero ever.
    There was never a zero option there before Felix changed it. When it showed blank the Apply button was disabled, that was his fix.
    Felix didn't say he does not know why it show zero, he said he does not know why it is zero.
    Apparently it can be zero. My P35 ASUS boards has "DRAM Static Read Control" with an option to disable it, maybe zero means disabled.

Leave a comment:

• bathala
    replied

how do I run memtest I get this error when I click the exe file ... you must use normal size 96ppp please help

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Ya, I asked him to report that to Felix and he has. Felix said he did not know why it shows zero either, but likely due to something he needs to further correct since he just added support for E-mil's board/bios so that the apply button worked.

I have NEVER seen it say Zero, that is why I told him to report it to Felix. It should show the set value, an auto value (Sometimes), or be blank. Should not be zero ever.

Leave a comment:

• Chike
    replied

Performance Level is not always zero when auto selected in BIOS, it is only set to zero if BIOS think it cannot set any other value e.g. 15(max value) is too low.
    The zero is not a bug, it is probably what it is realy set to, and he added 0 to the menu option to enable the Apply button.

There is a problem there though, at least on my system, if I try to change from 0 to anything else the system boot instantly, no blue screen just a reboot.

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Ahh well I meant it should not being showing zero in Memset is all, and that you should be able to set manually 6-14+ if you are using the correct settings. Of course you can't just set 6-8, you must do this at certain times or settings only otherwise it will not work

Leave a comment:

• E-mil
    replied

This must be due to some error since he changed it to work for you, as it normally does not ever show 0, and you should be able to set 6/7-14+ if you like, depending on other settings of course.
    When I said "Lowest value I can set is 9", mean lower than 9, my system freeze, or if I set 8 or lower in BIOS, windows won't boot.

I would send in a report to Felix again and show him that 0 shows up instead of blank. It is really nothing to worry about as you should just set your own setting anyway, but it does seem to bug you so you may want to let him know so he can try to correct it.

See my thoughts on this here, I did some quick testing >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f58/2-00...arision-31656/
    Thx for useful link
    I will send report to Felix

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Originally posted by E-mil View Post
    If Performance Level in BIOS is set to AUTO Memset shows 0. Why ?

Lowest value I can set is 9.
    This must be due to some error since he changed it to work for you, as it normally does not ever show 0, and you should be able to set 6/7-14+ if you like, depending on other settings of course.

I would send in a report to Felix again and show him that 0 shows up instead of blank. It is really nothing to worry about as you should just set your own setting anyway, but it does seem to bug you so you may want to let him know so he can try to correct it.

I can use both 2.00B and 2.00D.

Usualy I use 2.00B, what is difference and which one is better to use
    See my thoughts on this here, I did some quick testing >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f58/2-00...arision-31656/

Leave a comment:

• Chike
    replied

Best to use is the one that gives better performance, while maintaing stability of course.
    If B let you use lower tRD with better performance and is still stable trhan use it, otherwise use the D.

Leave a comment:

• E-mil
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X