No announcement yet.

how reliable is face wizard and can i buy a bios chip as backup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how reliable is face wizard and can i buy a bios chip as backup?

It's soldered in, but that's not an issue. M57SLI-S4 (rev 2). I am scared to death of unnecessary BIOS flashes, but at the same time I love to tinker with stuff.

Bill

Re: how reliable is face wizard and can i buy a bios chip as backup?

HAHA, Yeah you cant buy a new one. But I just used the app myself last week, after long thoughts about it. Works fine. I did however not use autoflash options. I let it get the bios onboard, added a image and saved it, then booted into qflash and installed it.

Up to you, your are right BIOS flash is a risky business. I do it often but that dont mean everyone should.

All up to you, but to answer you about it...It works fine I think. I have since used the autoflash option but I suggest you manually do it though

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate your input! :)

Maybe if I close my eyes it won't hurt so much...

Bill

Comment

Ya, that is exactly what I did when I first used it, and prayed! Alas the image was not a clear as I had hoped anyway and still have yet to make a new one.

Here is what I made, and It didnt look as good as it should when I made it into a BMP(A bit more fuzzy when actually used, and still not the Blue that I tried to make when it converts as well). Have to try again sometime just havent had the time. I used paint to make 256 Bitmap, do you have something better, seems CS3 wont do it

Sapphire/Gigabyte

Comment

hi! can you help me on this..
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/face...my-bios-32009/
          thanx

Comment

I will reply to your post now, sorry for the late reply on this

Comment

Working...
            X