Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Try this 380*8 910 mhz memory, and work GOOD ¡¡¡¡ Because it is better 910 5-5-5-15 vs 1110 ??? WTF ¡¡ 5-5-5-15

IS the FSB??????? I do not believe that they are 40 Mhz Of the processor :D

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Well it could be the FSB, or just the ram runs better at slower speed with tighter timings

Comment

Yesterday I have a problem with my board... i playing and see the voltage ''no move'' 1.3600 idel 1.3600 full :S.. Then off the computer and run again, when acces in the bios see cores speed 3080 (385*8) when me continue, but the ''TAB'' screen(black screen whith white letters) ''core speed 2.136 (267*8) showme the speed.. and reset a verify the speed.. and showme again in bios.. 385*8... Then on normally thought that it was a simple problem... when enter windows showme a ''errors'' (In hour,Nod32,hardware of audio'' and reset-->> Show blue screen :-( :-(.

Off the PC and enter in bios again.. when try ''move o reset a any value'' BIOS freezes
        ClearCmos and set a ''normal values'' and RUN ok.......

Because this ???? what is a problem???

Try again the OC :( Or I forget forever

Comment

Not sure, glad you got it cleared. You should be fine trying the overclock again.

Do you defrag your disk often? If not that could be the issue, changing settings and rebooting failures during overclock attempts often mess up the disk so best to defrag your disk often

Comment

Now try my old OC and NOT work.... the bios showme a ''''Pci bad frec¡¡''' and bios freezes..

Flash my bios????? is damage??

Show me error and error and error.... and NOT boot sometimes, need return a stock values.. :( :(

Try 385*8 --->>> FAIL... Before can to achieve it without problems now only FAIL....

PD: Ok sr clean my HD today thanks¡¡

Comment

So you get it working then after your HD?

Comment

No... FAIl again and again... today flash my bios..... and NOT try up more the core... fail fail fail fail :-( :-(

Comment

Post me your full settings that are failing and I will see if I can help. And please add your spec's into your signature so I dont have to hunt them down.

Comment

Upload photos????

In night in my house show you my settings.. thanks sr--

Other settings desactivate--- EIST---MEMORY EXECUTE etc etc ;-)

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
                    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
                    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [385]--->>> 3080
                    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____cant remember -- 924

DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
                    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
                    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
                    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-5--->> auto
                    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-6--->>auto
                    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-8--->>auto
                    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-65--->> 52
                    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-5---->>auto
                    Static tRead Value_______________8-12--->>auto
                    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ +4--->>2.200
                    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ AUTO
                    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] << For stability
                    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control +2
                    CPU Voltage Control_______ 1.4250 BIOS--->> System 1.3760 IDLE--->> 1.3440 FULL

And system RUN Impressive ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ FAST FAST FAST ¡¡¡in games in test in all aplications---

But one day ''FAIL'' :( remember -->
                    Yesterday I have a problem with my board... i playing and see the voltage ''no move'' 1.3600 idel 1.3600 full :S.. Then off the computer and run again, when acces in the bios see cores speed 3080 (385*8) when me continue, but the ''TAB'' screen(black screen whith white letters) ''core speed 2.136 (267*8) showme the speed.. and reset a verify the speed.. and showme again in bios.. 385*8... Then on normally thought that it was a simple problem... when enter windows showme a ''errors'' (In hour,Nod32,hardware of audio'' and reset-->> Show blue screen :-( :-(.

Now today try set this settings and system NOT ON...

Sames settings.. only fail.. show me black screen....
                    Last edited by ADDIER; 11-05-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Maybe add a bit more MCH Voltage see if that helps. To maybe .25 MCH

And this manaually set >>
                      Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-65--->> 54

Static tRead Value_______________8-12--->>8-9

Can you post me a image of what Auto gives you for all the settings above in Auto with Memset? Thanks >>>
                      Tweakers.fr

Comment

Yes sr i can :D this night sorry for my bad english jeje

ahhhhhhh i remember ¡¡¡¡¡ the bios sometimes SHOW ME ''SPD'' 800 Mhz-->>> WTF ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ my memory is 1066+ what say this???
                        Last edited by ADDIER; 11-06-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

In auto --->>>>

Bios un auto

Comment

Times and latency auto

Edited--->>>

SORRY por continuos POTS... system no letme add 8 images in same time..

Comment

BIOS edited

Comment

Try static Tread 9 or 10

Comment

Working...
                                X