Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

No work ¡¡¡ always in 10/15 min playing show

The controller of screen I stop working but I recover

Why????? drivers?? or what??? please tellme

Comment

Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Yes, that is Either drivers or Your card may be overheating, could be volts but more likely not.

Does it do that at stock CPU/ram speed when you game? If so it is likely the driver or card overheating.

Have you tried turning up the cards fan speed, often Default fan speed are too low on some cards. You can use ATITools (yes it will work for Nvidia) or Rivatuner to set fan speeds. If you have Nvidia you should also be able to change fan speeds in the Nvidia control panel. What card do you have anyway, and are you using the latest BIOS?

Comment

No no my card sr is cold.... 70º full 49º Idle.... i think the drivers is a problem , why ''alwayls'' show ''nvdmnvd'' fail this is a driver no??????

Or show ''kernel32''...o 'Crysis.exe' olga play crysis war and NOTfail in this game only fail in ''crysis'' and ''crysis warhead''

yesterday play whitout overclock and NOT fail... but reinstall a 178.24 drivers Not that could be..
        My card is 9800 Gtx, never flash my card have a stock bios :S...

-----------------------------

Try up only a FSB (333*9--- 1066) (33*9--10**) and FAIL, NO SHOW BLUE SCREEN.... only reset, but the ''settings'' no reset...

I am sad believe that this motherboard is very simple, not work ''OK'' extreme Vdrop/vdroop and ''simple settings'' in V ....

Change my board????????? :-( :-(

That thinks--- Ga Ep45-Dq6??????
        Does it do that at stock CPU/ram speed when you game? If so it is likely the driver or card overheating.
        No Sr not fail in stock settings

Comment

Ya that is the driver you mention that is crashing. If you are using incorrect memory settings or voltage settings in the BIOS that could cause it as well. Did you try the suggested settings I gave you yet for ram and voltages?

It is not the board, all the settings you are using. P45-DQ6 will need the same correct settings

Since it does not fail at stock, but does at overclock settings that means your settings are still not correct. You need to try again and get them all set manually for sure

Comment

My settings--->>
            Test ''other'' multiplier and FAIL... always fail retur to defaukt settings in (1000,1035,1135,1200,) only 1110 works but showme this error :(

Try whith more ''V'' and NO :(

Run OK in 333*9 1066---- more OC FAIL in games no in test...

That I select configuration is it necessary photos? the my bios????

Tri again whith new driver...

Thanks

PD: Try use this setting a ''extreme fail XDD'' mother ''piiiii piiiiii piiiii piiiiii piiii' and off.. :b

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
            CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
            CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
            CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [425]
            PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
            C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
            System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.66] = 1130

DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
            Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
            Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
            Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-5
            Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-6
            Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-8
            Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-65
            Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-5
            Static tRead Value_______________8-12
            Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] << Always leave

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
            DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V - +0.4] =2.1V -2.2V
            PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] << For stability
            FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] << For stability
            (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2V - +0.3] << Needed for 2x2 ram
            CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.45-1.50] << Set high because of your vdrop/vdroop, may need more or less all depends on your chip
            Last edited by ADDIER; 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

You have lost me, please try to use less slang.

I do think though your ram will not run as fast as you are trying to run it

Comment

Hello all, my first post on these forums.

I would like to respond to Adier and LSDMEASAP.

Adier your memory will obviously only run at a maximum speed of 1066 and no matter how hard you push them and how much Voltage you feed them all you will achieve is their death. I have used AData for more than four years now and love them but they really can't be pushed that hard.

I have Vitesta Extreme 2x2GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 and I run then at 936 MHz 5-5-5-15 2.1V. If I set the timings to auto they will drop to 5-6-6-18 which is the safety zone but it serves no purpose. I can't get my memory to run over 950 simply because that's the limit.

Also Adier memory doesn't help you in games as games don't use memory bandwidth that much and, unless you're running a server, you won't need that much bandwidth anyway. I recommend you lower your Voltage to 2-2.1 and leave it at 1066.

Comment

Hi man thanks ¡¡

in this moment my memory run 1110 Mhz Core 3000 Mhz 1.3600 Vcore in system Stable in games and test..

Because I need the bandwidth for my video edition and my compression(win rar,cs3,autocad)

No need up more ''V'' in my memory 2.2 The current voltage :b ¡¡

Step 1--->> Up my Violtage (Vcore 1.40625)
                  Step 2--->>Set a ''timmings'' Without ''symbols''(3.20,4.00)(Lsdmeasap thanks ¡¡)
                  Step 3--->> +2 Mch +1 Fsb , no need touch a PCI-E (in my Case)
                  Step 4--->>Reinstall the stupid ¡¡¡ driver XDD(178.24 official)
                  Step 5--->> Enjoy XDDDD I wait that not me of more problems ¡¡¡¡

Till now they have not failed,Not even games not in tests...Apparently is stable..

Thanks ¡¡¡¡ Liranan ;-)

Lsdmeasap Especial thanks ¡¡¡¡¡¡ i happy now ¡¡¡

Look my temp
                  Last edited by ADDIER; 10-30-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Well 1110 is not so much more then 1066, and you may be better off at 1066 as it will be much more stable

Nice to see you are getting somewhere now though! Good job!

Comment

Good return a 1066
                      Because???
                      ''V'' only for that...
                      --->>>3200 Mhz Vcore 1.4560 1200 Mhz.-->>9000 Mb/s-->> 8.1 Gb/s ->>sandra 08
                      --->>>3100 Mhz Vcore 1.4000 1000 Mhz.-->>8900 Mb/s-->> 7.9 Gb/s ->>sandra 08
                      --->>>3000 Mhz Vcore 1.3600 1110 Mhz.-->>8334 Mb/s-->> 6.9 Gb/s ->>sandra 08
                      --->>>3000 Mhz Vcore 1.3120 1066 Mhz.-->>7779 Mb/s-->> 6.4 Gb/s ->>sandra 08

Safe my hardware... no necesary MORE oc in this mother...

So much vcore and... Little performance ''extra''

Need more Mhz in my core,But it will change my motherboard
                      You think that is necessary for more overclock???

The ''vdrop'' is little in Ep45 Dq6???? That motherboard has load line calibration??????
                      LLC????

Comment

No, no need for a new board. Vdrop is in all P45 boards and LLC is not anymore. And with LLC enabled you will hurt your CPU anyway

CPU voltage does not affect ram speed, or visa verse so I think you are just thinking it does when you try to run your ram at 1110 or higher and it really wont be stable like that. CPU Voltage does not help in that case, it only appears to help because you added more instead of loosening ram timings or adding Other voltages. What CPU are you using anyway?

So, no a new board will not help you really, only better timings at more stable speeds. You can get 7000-8500+ MB/s a sec with 800Mhz ram as long as you have the right timings. See here is some Crucial I am testing right now, it is 6400 ram only running at 900Mhz >>>

Hey, maybe a new board might help, what board are you using now you never said I dont think? I think P35 right? P45 may help, but there is WAY more BIOS options that may make things worse for you as it seems right now you are trying the wrong things already and wont take my advice

Comment

Now my CPU run
                          --->>>3000 Mhz Vcore 1.3120 1066 Mhz.-->>7779 Mb/s-->> 6.4 Gb/s ->>sandra 08
                          No need more Sr ;)... my CPU have a BAB VID.. 1.3250...

Need change a board for buy a ''crossffire'' not for the OC...

Comment

There is no "Bad" VID, just some are higher then others. Those may just need a little more volts, but not always.

Ya, you would need a different board to crossfire, X48 or P45 board would be good

Comment

Then because my memory run ''slow'' 6.4 Gb/S in this test :-( 1066...

That I need?????????

Comment

Better timings will improve that

Comment

Working...
                                X