USB devices not restored after standby - GA-EP35C-DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USB devices not restored after standby - GA-EP35C-DS3R

Yeap, Only GA boards do it mostly. And yes Resume/standy is what I mean, I suggest you do not use this feature.

Resuming is not really any faster anyway, it just makes you think that it is. And sometimes it is actually slower then booting up your computer

Comment

Here I have to disagree... Standby/resume is much faster.
      I can't believe GA board do this..

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Yeap, Only GA boards do it mostly. And yes Resume/standy is what I mean, I suggest you do not use this feature.

Resuming is not really any faster anyway, it just makes you think that it is. And sometimes it is actually slower then booting up your computer

Comment

Are you just saying that? The tests I have done, since Core2 came out boot time is faster then a resume, now with a pentium 4 or older then yes resume would be faster.

Now, depending on how many things you actually let your system load at startup would offset this as well. So if you do load 80 or more processes at startup, then yes that could be slower.

If you have Norton installed, either way the system will be slow HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by maxthebuilder View Post
          Can you elaborate on this please? Never heard this statement before..
          My CPU is overclocked about 2% - maybe that's why I'm having problems.
          My Opteron/MSI board was overclocked by 20% and I never had a single problem with that system..
          Personal experience.
          Check my thread on anandtech where I discovered this: http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...ighlight_key=y

Comment

Thanks!

I have read several threads, and dont have Much personal experiences in this matter, and could not find the threads I have read. I knew from those threads literally at least 30 or so I have read, that this is a NO NO For overclocking.

I would assume with it enabled maybe when you overclock it tries to push to much power or Freq thru external devices so that is why the boards do not let it happen? But that is just my guess

Comment

Well.. I just timed my system.. 45s boot time. 10s resume from standby.

Still no solution to me little problem. The weirdest thing about it is that most of the times the system comes out of standby just fine and only occasionally it won't...

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Are you just saying that? The tests I have done, since Core2 came out boot time is faster then a resume, now with a pentium 4 or older then yes resume would be faster.

Comment

Dont say I didnt warn you in a few months when you need a RMA

Comment

sheesh... i always thought gigabyte was making high quality products..
                  still, the 2 devices I am having the problem with are - el cheapo card reader and a dell lcd monitor (with allegedly underpowered usb hub/ports).
                  Maybe I can tweak some voltages in BIOS to put more power into on-board USB?

Comment

Upped memory voltage from 1.8 to 2.0 and so far (2 days) didn't have any prob with coming out of standby...

Comment

Try S1(pos) In Bios?

Comment

Working...
                      X