Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting voltages to "Auto" causes vista to not boot

Hi Gigabyte,

I have the GA-p35-ds3r rev 1.0. I have the f11 bios, Q6600 quad core, 2 gb buffalo select 5300 memory. If I set the volatges to "Auto" as suggested by the bios, I cannot overclock the system at all. It will post, but not boot into windows. If I leave the voltages at manual and just tweak them slightly, I can overclock quite easily to 3.2 Ghz without changing any voltages. Perhaps the BIOS should not recommend the voltages be set to Auto. Just thought Gigabyte should be aware of this.

Re: Setting voltages to "Auto" causes vista to not boot

BIOS reccomends setting voltages on AUTO because that is how your "Warranty" stays valid on your different parts.

Since you are already overclocking you should know that you have to manually set ALL your voltages, timings and so forth

Nothing should be on auto, so be sure to hit control + F1 and set everything yourself. the red flashes are just there as a warning to those who do not know what they are doing

Comment

Does that Xeon have a multiplier of 8 or 9?

Comment

8 Multi

Comment

Hi, I've never OC'd a gigabyte board before (and I am relatively new at this), but the default is on manual, and it suggests "auto" after beginning to overclock. I can't increase from 266 (default) to 270 with the setting on "auto" and still get into windows. However, 267 works :D. Now, I wouldn't expect it to be perfect, but I would think "auto" should still work for such a small overclock.

Comment

Here, this should help you ALOT, applies to P35, 965p, X38, X48 boards
            Code:
            http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1169366
            DO NOT worry about what it "Suggests"

Those are simply warnings for the UN-knowledgeable, read that thread and you will have much knowledge

Comment

thanks, that was a great article

Comment

Working...
              X