No announcement yet.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L rev 1.0 and c2d E8400 (HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P35-DS3L rev 1.0 and c2d E8400 (HELP)

Hi, i have a doubt, I buy the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L rev 1.0(I don’t find the rev <st1:metricconverter productid="2.0 in" w:st="on">2.0 in</st1:metricconverter> my country ), and I buy a c2d e8400 that arrive in a few days, wanted to know whether i have any problem of incompatibility with the microprocessor, which was supported by an update of bios, but, can I update the bios using this microprocessor?, what i mean is, the microprocessor will work at least until use qflash and put the new bios or directly unworkable?
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
    Sorry for my bad english
    Thanks and greetings<o:p></o:p>

Re: Gigabyte P35-DS3L rev 1.0 and c2d E8400 (HELP)

Originally posted by charlesx View Post
    Hi, i have a doubt, I buy the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L rev 1.0(I don’t find the rev <st1:metricconverter productid="2.0 in" w:st="on">2.0 in</st1:metricconverter> my country ), and I buy a c2d e8400 that arrive in a few days, wanted to know whether i have any problem of incompatibility with the microprocessor, which was supported by an update of bios, but, can I update the bios using this microprocessor?, what i mean is, the microprocessor will work at least until use qflash and put the new bios or directly unworkable?
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
    Sorry for my bad english
    Thanks and greetings<o:p></o:p>
    It's tough to say, if it's an older board that doesn't have a recent bios, you may need to find a pre-45nm chip to pop in there long enough to update the bios on it. All you can do is try it and see what happens tho.

Good luck!

Comment

you may get lucky and it works enough to flash the BIOS, but I doubt it and would assume no. If you are buying in a shop...surely they have a skt775 cpu that isnt sealed up as well as the means to put together enough of a benchtop system to flash the BIOS. Weather they are willing to go through the trouble to do that for you is another question, but if you havent bought it yet and tell them you will buy it if they can update the BIOS for you first, they just may do it.

Comment

Yes im sure it would work. When i built my computer, i used a P35-DS4 REV 1.1 with a core 2 duo E6550.

It worked straight out of the box, BUT it was only running on a 1066FSB instead of 1333MHZ.

After a BIOS update to F11 then it went upto 1333MHZ

dont worry u should be fine
        Asrock P55-Extreme
        Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
        2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
        ASUS HD5850
        1TB Samsung SATA II
        Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

6550 is not 45nm, so that comparison may not be of proper help.

If worse comes to worse, you can buy for about 50$ usually a pentium D 925 and use that to install your new bios. Then sell the 925 on ebay, I just sold one not long ago for buy it now $80 Sold same day. Paid 50 at tigerDirect
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-16-2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Hi, I have had my DS3 and E8400 for about 6months, when I first got the m/b it had bios F6 but the CPU worked ok with some small issues, temps not correct, FSB wrong but it did work long enough for me to flash the bios to F12 now all is great @ 4.0gb. So slap that beast in and enjoy!!!!!!!!!
            My specs

E8400 @ 4.05
            Gigabyte X48-DQ6
            Thermalright 120 xtr
            2 X 2gb G.Skill 8500PK
            Sapphire 4870
            2 x 250gb Sata
            1 X 500gb Sata
            600w Zalman P/S
            Vista 32

Comment

F8a BIOS will support

http://asia.giga-byte.com/FileList/B...l_f8a_beta.exe

Comment

if you can get into BIOS

UPDATE IT WITH flash drive

Comment

Working...
                X