Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R set up, Help

Hi,

this is my first post i just built a new computer and i have it set up and it was working great until i installed new HD i was wondering if anyone could tell me what slots i need to use for Sata Drives, i have eSata on top of case but does not work when plugged into sata ports and also what would be a good bios for my set up, im using this for recording music only, so i dont need to use RAID

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 MO Stepping Conroe 2.0GHz
    Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R v2.0 MOB
    OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800 CL 5-5-5-12 Dual Channel Kit
    320GB Seagate 7200 sata 300 16 cache HD
    300GB Maxtor Sata II/300 7200 16mb cache
    LG sata DVD ram drive
    Allegro Express FW400 firewire PCI express card
    ATi Radeon X600 SE 128mb PCIe video card
    Coolermaster Extreme 500W PS
    XP Pro service pack 2

any help i would really appreciate it ive had to reinstall O/S several times, my computer shuts off when ever i try to install programs, I just need to get this up and running, i've cleared the bios and reinstalled, i do it going online but i want to avoid that i have another computer is there a way i can use Qflash without a floppy drive. Im pretty new to this, but i need this up so i can start recording.

Peace

Eamon Flood

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R set up, Help

Hi mate,

I've the same board & revision (F4 BIOS) as you and I've got 3 hard drives and a sata dvdrw running with no probs.
    Only advice i can give based on my setup is to only use the orange sata ports, set them to run in ide mode and I disabled the gigabyte sata controller for the purple ports in device manager as it was giving me audio probs.No idea why but that fixed it.
    Don't know if any of that will be of any help mate but good luck.

Comment

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R set up, Help

Thanks, ill try that out. I'll post results, i just finished reinstalling windows late last night, and system seems to be working ok, going to try and install programs to see if i still get problems.

Comment

Working...
      X