P35-DS3R v1.0 and OCZ memory woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-DS3R v1.0 and OCZ memory woes

a few months ago I bought this motherboard along with 4 sticks of PC2 8500 OCZ memory, the memory that is recommended by Gigabyte. Specifically the memory product number is OCZ2N1066SR2GK. After a month one of my memory sticks went bad, so I sent it as a pair back to OCZ and got 2 new sticks. After receiving the new memory I used a memtest like program to verify them. All was good. That was about 2 months ago. Just recently I was having bluescreens, and I discovered that 3 more sticks have gone bad including one of the replacements, so I'm down to only one good stick.

I've never had this much problems with memory. Is it possible that my motherboard or setup is destroying the memory? Perhaps the memory is overheating or something? Should I send the memory back to OCZ, or is it a motherboard problem?

Thanks,
    Robert

Re: P35-DS3R v1.0 and OCZ memory woes

Have you checked how much power you’re feeding the modules?

A few people, myself included have noticed when upping the voltage in the bios it doesn’t go up accordingly. Default is 1.8v, but in my case when I add +0.1v in the bios, Everest reports the value as 2.016v. It has been argued that only a multi-meter will give you an accurate reading; however other users have confirmed the voltages reported by software monitoring apps such as Everest tally with their own physical readings.

Comment

Re: P35-DS3R v1.0 and OCZ memory woes

I have found the same also. I use Everest to confirm my voltages currently 2.3.
      When running 4 modules you need to make sure you have good air flow around them. Especially at overclocked speeds like 1066mhz.
      Intel Core2Duo E6850('Conroe') @ 3.6
      Asus P5E x38 Rev 1.03 1201 SSD Mod bios
      Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
      OCZ EL DDR2 PC2-8800 4GB @1080mhz
      150GB WD Raptor 10,000RPM x2 Raid0
      300GB Maxtor
      640GB WD x2
      Sapphire HD6950 Crossfire
      E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor 1616m
      PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad PSU
      Antec SX830 Modded
      W7 Pro 64bit