GA-M61SME-S2 memory problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M61SME-S2 memory problem

Hi have built a puter using GA-M61SME-S2 motherboard and a Athlon 64 Dual Core BE-2400 with Geil Value DDR2 2.0GB PC6400 Dual Channel memory kit (2 x 1GB) 800MHz (5-5-5-15) +Aluminium heat spreader, ATI Crossfire Ceritified
    the computer will run ok with either stick of ram 1GB but not both sticks 2GB
    can you help please
    Regards
    Mickie

Re: GA-M61SME-S2 memory problem

start by testing the sticks individually with memtest
    if they're okay check the bios-settings, try dual-channel on/off and try to set timing/voltage to defaults manually
    GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
    i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
    32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Seasonic G-550

Comment

Hi Thanks for that,had tested memory and was ok 0ne at a time but loads of errors when both sticks installed will try bios changes
      Best regards
      Mickie564

Comment

Hi mickie564, I have the same trouble that you my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2 and a Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ with kingston RAM PC6400 Dual Channel memory (kit 2 x 1GB) 800MHz when I put this memory my computer dont response but when I connected one in single seated on 2nd slot the computer run correctly, please if you found how solve this please help me. my email is [email protected]

regards
        kalimosh

Comment

Originally posted by kalimosh View Post
          Hi mickie564, I have the same trouble that you my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2 and a Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ with kingston RAM PC6400 Dual Channel memory (kit 2 x 1GB) 800MHz when I put this memory my computer dont response but when I connected one in single seated on 2nd slot the computer run correctly, please if you found how solve this please help me. my email is [email protected]

regards
          kalimosh
          Same exact problem here. I've tried Corsair and Kingston RAM. The Kingston RAM is on Gigabyte's compatibility list.

Comment

I am using a 20 pin PSU. What kind of PSU is everybody else that's having problems using?

Comment

Originally posted by PRStoetzer View Post
              I am using a 20 pin PSU. What kind of PSU is everybody else that's having problems using?
              Just tried a 24 pin PSU. No luck.

Comment

Hi guys, just got a customer with the same board same issue, was there any resolution to this?

EDIT: Newer b version BIOS appears to have fixed it.
                Last edited by yorky; 03-26-2008, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Have you tried adding a bit to the MCH voltages?

Comment

reinstall the ram?

Comment

New member, also have a ga-m61sme-s2, first you cannot use two memory sticks in the board unless they are 1.8 volt memory. Second the board is extremely finicky about memory insertion. Ir took me about a dozen insertion tries to get the board to recognize 2x1 gb Kingston value ram dual channel. I decided to try some Patriot memory 2x2GB (not realizing the 1.8 volt restriction). That didn't work I called Gigabyte and they informed me about the 1.8 volt requirement ( yes, it is buried in the manual).

So I took the Patriot memory out and reinserted the 2x1Gb memory. It took 27 insertion tries to get the bios to recognize both sticks at once.

Comment

Once you have the 1.8V sticks in there, set the voltage to your new sticks specs, then save and reboot. Then shut down and put in your new sticks, once you get the rest of the timings entered you should be more stable. High Refresh to act delay is needed for 2X2gb sticks IE: 52-62 or higher with some, you will also need to bump MCH voltage to +.1 or .15V probably before you put in the newer sticks

Comment

yap, try to add some voltage

or update bios.

Comment

Hey, I'm having the similar sorta problem, I cant get 2 sticks of Corsair Value Select VS1GB667D2 to work, each works fine on it's own (although I think a friend may have damaged one when trying to remove it) All I get when they're both in there is the standard beeeeeeeep... beeeeeeeeep... beeeeeeeeep... Any ideas? I'm using bios F9b and an AMD 4400+ X2

Comment

Do you have the proper voltage set?

Comment

Working...
                              X