GA-M61SME-S2 memory problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-M61SME-S2 memory problem

everything is on auto and from memory the ram is 1.8V...unless the site I check is lying, if not do you know what it should be and how do I change it (I'm used to intel systems, not realy an AMD fan)

Comment

HAHA me to! Intel here, I dont know much about AMD. Those are 667 sticks right? I would think auto should be ok to post at least then. And 1.8 sounds about right, but you would have to look on the sticks to be sure

You change it in the BIOS, Not sure about that board, you may have to hit Control + F1 on the main bios page then go into the MIT Or whatever the overclock section is

Comment

yeah, they're 667 sticks and I've done ctrl + F1, there's no M.I.T section, and I cant find any section for voltages, just advanced chipset features

Edit: Ahh...found the DDR2 voltage values, they were in PC Health Status but I cant alter them
        Last edited by SgtMoo; 04-23-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I'm using a GA-M61SNE-S2 with Corsair XMS2 Xtreme CM2X2048-6400C5 1.80v ver.3.1 5-5-5-18 800MHz 2048MB RAM.

I can only get one to recognize out of the pair. Corsair says to add voltage by +.2v, but I can't find anywhere to add this voltage? I'm using the most current F9 firmware and have EasyTune 6 installed also. Can anyone tell me how to get dual channel RAM working on this?

Comment

I have a computer store in a small town and have had total problems with this board. We build our systems using this particular board and have stopped because of random freeze-ups and data corruption. So we have stopped using this board, we send them back for RMA and Giga-byte send the same damn board back. Boards set to auto should be good enough, it shouldn't be a difficult task to get a board to see two sticks (see above with 27 inserts to get it to see them), that is garbage! My opinion is this board and company is bad news. Went to Foxconn and haven't had one issue with any board in a year. If Dell can use a company like Foxconn and become one of the biggest companies in the world, why not.

Comment

The failure rate on this model for us in the end was beyond the joke as well. Although our same customers are using the 78 models now and have no issues.

Comment

As it is in this industry it is hard enough to eek out a living and then this crap comes along. The funny part of it is they don't act up in the beginning, it seems it takes about 6 months for them to start acting up. They "quick-tech" (a hardware testing program) perfect and yet data corruption occurs, change board with everything else the same and everything is fine, that is a mainboard issue. It basically boils down to laziness and economics that they don't test it as well as it should be, and the little guys pays for it. Pretty sad...

Comment

Ahh ya guys, sorry! This board does not offer ANY settings related to CPU or ram voltages or timings. Looks like an OEM type of board like Dell or HP offers where you can't adjust anything

The DDR2 you see in the Health section is just a voltage monitor. Sounds like you may not be able to make those modules work with this board with no way to adjust things

@ jaxparo

They should not be advising you of that, although on any other board that would work. In reality those modules are rated to run at 1.8V so you should not be having to raise the voltages. Apparently they have not been tested on this board and may be incompatible

Boards like these with NO options you just HAVE to buy sticks from the QVL List otherwise you may never find a pair that works

Comment

Working...
                  X