X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 System Temps?

Well too late now but:

CPU: around 30 °C, 40-45 °C under very heavy load

Motherboard 30 - 35 °C again under heavy load...

Comment

BTW, here's an image for reference:

1066 MHz FSB (quad pumped)
      800 MHz Memory (double pumped)
      Reference voltage (Auto set in BIOS)
      BIOS version F6b
      IDLE system, aswell (which is most concerning)

I was wondering what Janus thinks of this...

BTW, ignore the fan RPM warnings. I've got my case fans hooked to my PSU.

Comment

Wesker-
        Here's a sshot of ETune on my rig...BTW, the cpu temps are reading 14c cooler than actual, so ETune is not even close on that account. How far off with the system temp, I have no idea. Just updated to bios F7, and the reading for my system temp went up (at idle) by 3c.

Comment

hummm is the NB still hot to touch ??, I loaded F7 also but it keep the cpu fan at 100% no matter what the bios is set on. hummm

got it running 3.3ghz I just did a +10 multiplier left the fsb at 333 for now 7 hours on test bench with everest cpu hit 50c will have to sneek it up a bit :)

Comment

The temps I get in EasyTune are the same as the BIOS, so I imagine they're correct.

I updated the BIOS to F7 this morning. Northbridge heatsink is still very hot to touch (~50*C+ IMO).

You know, I don't want to buy a crazy ASUS kitchensink motherboard, as I've been using Gigabyte motherboards for quite some time now. I know their BIOS' well and I know what to expect from them. But if I can't get this issue resolved, I may very well have to go to ASUS.

How can I even run a 1600MHz FSB processor when the northbridge is overheating with a 1066MHz FSB idle processor?

Comment

When it comes to the cpu temp, ETune and the bios both list temps that are about 14c cooler than Everest, Speedfan and RightMark. Don't for a minute believe that my QX6700 is actually running at 23c, even at idle. It's a B3 stepping and is oc'd by 600mhz. So you might want to use a more accurate utility-and your cpu is most likely running at about 47c @ idle, not 31c. I have to agree with Bohoba's first idea, you probably need better case cooling.

Comment

no word from the RMA I take it then ??

Comment

I have another board, P35-DS4, but exactly the same problem:
                  System temp reported by both BIOS & Easy Tune are
                  always above 50c, while CPU temperature is 32c. System is almost idle, and case opened. Maybe the problem is related to desktop cases?
                  P67A-UD4-B3 F2
                  i5-2500K
                  4x2GB Kingston HyperX XMP-1600 CL9
                  8800 GTX
                  Intel SSD 40GB, WD Green 1TB, 2xSamsung 400GB SATA RAID1
                  Antec P182 + CP850 CXP

Comment

wish I knew where E tune kept all its files and inf it just won't allow me to install it again I had removed it after I checked it out once and now when I go to install it again it tells me to remove E tune first. :(

Comment

Bohoba- Why not run regclean and see if you can reinstall ETune after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rayvin52 View Post
                        When it comes to the cpu temp, ETune and the bios both list temps that are about 14c cooler than Everest, Speedfan and RightMark. Don't for a minute believe that my QX6700 is actually running at 23c, even at idle. It's a B3 stepping and is oc'd by 600mhz. So you might want to use a more accurate utility-and your cpu is most likely running at about 47c @ idle, not 31c. I have to agree with Bohoba's first idea, you probably need better case cooling.
                        I've got a G0 stepping Q6600 at stock speeds. I don't doubt the BIOS reads at all (heatsink is cool to touch, in fact).

If I need better case cooling, then I'll give up on this motherboard completely. I've got an 3D Aurora 570 with three 120mm fans (two rear exhaust, one front intake). Not to be rude, but I can't see how that's insufficient cooling.

Also, I've still got no word on the RMA. I'll call up the store tomorrow morning.

Comment

Didn't know your case specs, Wesker, just tossing ideas around...you're the one who asked other board owners for opinions. I guess your case is not the issue, but that doesn't change the fact that EasyTune is not accurate when it comes to my cpu temps, that's all. Maybe it is with yours, but the only way you could be sure would be to compare it to a utility that's known to be more accurate. However, since your cpu temps don't seem to be your concern, but rather your northbridge temps, I'm sorry I brought it up. It's just that EasyTune isn't even close to accurate, not just from my experience but many others on these and other forums.
                          Hope your RMA goes quickly for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayvin52 View Post
                            Bohoba- Why not run regclean and see if you can reinstall ETune after that?
                            nope just tried registry Mechanic no joy :(

Wesker776,, Ya hope they replace it soon for you

Comment

I've sent another email to the retailer I bought the board from asking about the RMA. I've also sent a question to Gigabyte via GGTS.

I'll update this as word comes along.

Also, Rayvin, no harm done. It's all good. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker776 View Post
                                I've sent another email to the retailer I bought the board from asking about the RMA. I've also sent a question to Gigabyte via GGTS.

I'll update this as word comes along.

Also, Rayvin, no harm done. It's all good. :)
                                Hi, Any luck with this.
                                I may be having the same issue as you.
                                Running a Q6600 with CNPS9700, GA-X38Dq6, 2GB Corsair, 8800GTX
                                Thermaltake Kandalf with 25cm fan on side panel !
                                stock frequency, stock voltage - i.e no overclocking

Idle
                                Temp1 (system) - 48
                                CPU - 29

Load (after 3d Mark, 30 mins, GPU tests only)
                                Temp 1 (system) - 61
                                CPU - 38

If you've got a response from Gigabyte, please post what's the operating temp of this mobo...

Before this I didn't have the side panel with fan, idle temps were 54!
                                I had the case open and put a 40cm table fan blowing air to keep it at 42 :).

I may try the option of removing the thermal pad from under the system chip and trying a bit of arctic silver...
                                Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
                                Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
                                16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
                                Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
                                I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X