• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Gigabyte X38 board

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
    System Type x64-based PC
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model X38-DQ6
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz, 3015 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F6b, 10/30/2007
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Total Physical Memory 4,093.69 MB
    Available Physical Memory 2.49 GB
    Name SONY DVD RW DRU-840A SCSI CdRom Device
    ASUS EAH3870/G/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Got to say I got her up and running this is a sweet board had no problems other than handling
    a $1,000 proscecor took me three time to install it cause my hands started shaking lol :)
    have to RMA a hard drive it came DOA and my sony DVD will also be returned as it won't run with
    the face plate on...
    this is a sweet system I still have to set my ram voltage but will let the system burn in a few days

Nice job Gigabyte

Re: My Gigabyte X38 board

Nice setup, Bohoba--running a QX6700 on my x38 DQ6, also with 4 gigs of ram. I use the 3gb switch in the boot.ini file and have 3.5 gigs accessible to windows apps. Some don't need it but it really helps me out with intensive apps that utilize it, like After Effects, Vegas and PShop. It's a really stable board. What are you cooling your proc with? Just picked up a Monsoon 2 Tec, and my oc'd cpu is cool as the other side of the pillow...

Comment

Curently I am just running the stock HS/fan but I think that will change soon will give it a week and see if CPU temps come down a bit as the tape/paste on the stock HS seats up:) am running 42C and 52 C under load

core1-4 @ 60C and stress test they hit 69C ran it for 15 min but thats as hot as it got

Comment

Even if you arent' oc'ing that fine cpu, picking up a Zalman 9700 might be a good idea for cooling. At least you've got a chip with the G0 stepping, so it runs a bit cooler than the B3 Kentsfield I have. But do yourself a favor and let XP use more of that ram...edit the boot.ini file and add /3GB to it. Reboot and windows will show you more of your ram. Mine shows 3.5 gb, but it varies depending upon your setup.
        Once you get a little better cooling, you should up your mulitplier a little and oc that extreme chip of yours...

Comment

Ya been eyeing that zalman 9700 have heard good things on it just like to stay stock for a week or 2 to burn it all in if something is going to fail normally it happens soon.

Oh I am on Vista 64bit unlimited the available ram was reported cause I had a game running and a few other program :)

Comment

So far she is running good no problems, took my room temp down to 70 it seems to like that :)
            have a second hard drive just came in will raid0 128stripe once I get home from work, also got the zalman 9700 coming in and the second video card should all be here by monday.

hehe I don't play games I play EVE online :)

Comment

Not a bad score with no tweaks yet :) I think I did good ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice, post your score and compare URL in the 3DMark06 thread, I think you're probably top of the heap in there with that, can't wait to see what you get with some ocing
                E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by ANZAC_ELITE View Post
                  Nice, post your score and compare URL in the 3DMark06 thread, I think you're probably top of the heap in there with that, can't wait to see what you get with some ocing
                  seems I have to buy the product to post links to it will do that after holidays :)

Comment

Well so far this Board rocks I have had no problems with it and it runs Cyrisis at 50 fps ...... dam games :) should be outlawed hehe.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate System Type x64-based PC
                    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.System Model X38-DQ6
                    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz, 3015 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
                    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F6b, 10/30/2007 SMBIOS Version 2.4
                    Total Physical Memory 4,093.69 MB ddr2 1066
                    Name SONY DVD RW DRU-840A SCSI CdRom Device
                    2X ASUS EAH3870/G/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Comment

Working...
                    X