Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P35-DS4 fan problems

Originally posted by adrian.t View Post
    What the 2 3pin headers? Can they be controlled with SpeedFan?
    Not to my knowledge.

Comment

that's why you pay 150% more over a basic board..to have a 1980s state of the art fan-control
      GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
      i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
      32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
      Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      Seasonic G-550

Comment

From my experience, only the 4 pin headers can be controlled with Speedfan. I needed to control 3 fans so I bought an adapter to connnect 2 fans to one header (both are the same fan type) and it works well.

I have one header dedicated to the CPU fan and the other header split as mentioned to move air through the case. BTW - all are 3 pin fans.

Comment

I use a Zalman ZM-MFC1 controller, they cost about 25$, look sharp and control 4 (more if you splice) fans, and also have 2 7/12V switches.

Just a thought for you. I also had sys_fan2 problems. Sometimes it would start slower then the system, but now is just fine. I have a friend who's board that header wont even Sense on, let alone run a fan. So I think it could be generally poor factory attention when building them I dunno?

Comment

I just found a user stating this worked for them >>>

Deactivate Smart Fan in BIOS. Then install Speedfan 4.33, enter Configure go to Advanced tab, select IT8718F blah blah (first item in menu), make sure all three PWM modes are in Software controlled mode. That's all! Then choose if you want automatic or manual fan speed control.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              I just found a user stating this worked for them >>>
              This may work. I don't know and I frankly don't care.

Fact is, Gigabyte recent motherboards have a SYS_FAN2 connection that doesn't work as it should and Gigabyte doesn't care.

It is not the job of the consumer to find solutions to a faulty motherboard feature and to me using other software or hardware to by-pass the problem is not a solution.

Comment

Working...
              X