GA-P35C-DS3R and Corsair TwinX DDR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R and Corsair TwinX DDR2

Ok, one thing I did notice, is that although my ram is all the same exact model,. 2 of them have 2.1v spd, 2 have 2.2vspd, would this hurt anything? should I put the same voltage chips in the matching color slots, say 2.1+2.1 in green, and 2.2+2.2 in the others? I am at a loss. Also did check the voltage and ram is running at 2.2 so the mainboard has it right in automatic mode. thanks in advance.

Comment

Janus, is there any way I could get the newest bios for this board, I am reduced down to 3gb of my pc28500 corsair dominator ram because using all 4 is unstable and using 1066mhz is unstable..

Comment

The newest bios doesn't fix this issue, atleast for me. You'd be better off backing off your speed to get the 4gb to work. For me around 1000mhz worked, it may be different for you.

Comment

eh even backing off the speed doesnt make it entirely stable, for me the only way is to use 3 sticks now. im about to see about RMA on this board, cant believe they let this many slip through with problems..

Comment

Yeah I've been told to RMA as well, however I don't want to have to send this board back and wait forever to have a computer again.

Comment

Well finally got 4 sticks stable,
              +.3 on northbridge, which is max in f8 bios on mine.
              running at 880 with 2.8 oc on the processor, (e6400 2.1ghz standard)
              no overvolt on cpu
              I wish they had mentioned this on the board, that 4 sticks at 1066 was a dream, I could have saved alot of money on ram by going with some good 800mhz ram.
              It would be nice to know from gigabyte if this is something that can be fixed, or if it is a flaw of the chipset alltogether..

oh and I still cant get any of my chips to run memtest without errors at any speed in any slot.. I seriously doubt I got 4 bad chips, but windows runs very stable at this so I dont know if something is still not right... got timings at 5-5-5-15, which should be alright, but ive tried it tightened, and loosened from that, with voltage a little bumped and at stock.. kinda nuts...

Comment

guess no response to this?? I would like to know if gigabyte is planning to fix this or if we are just screwed, support has only said to reduce speed to 667, which is pretty unacceptable, and doesnt solve any problem, to increase voltage, which of course I tried, and I told them I tried (its like they dont read the e-mail before responding). I know its hard to weed out problems in such an open pc market, but thier lack of reading into what I told them only pisses me off. I just want some kind of answer so I can wait this out or move on to another company that will give me what THEY advertise!

Comment

change your system memory multiplier, than you will get ddr2 1066.

Comment

I know how to do that,, the issue is I cant run it at that speed stable, this is with no overclock and ram at 1066, BSOD after BSOD, reboots. is there any new BIOS that may help this out?

Comment

Can you send your BIOS setup to me?

[email protected]

Comment

Sent Bios to ya, if you need any other settings I omitted let me know. I hope to figure this out before end of month, the store I bought it from (compusa) is going out of buisness in the next few days, and im not sure if I can even return it after that... or how much of a pain it would be to do it. Thanks again for your time.

Comment

Any news yet janus? I have squeezed a little more juice out of my ram, but was just wondering, ive pretty much given up on getting what I paid for out of this, but would like to know if this is being fixed, or if future boards will work better (probably not since ddr3 is dawning). Corsair closed my support ticket because "gigabyte p35 boards are known to be very poor at holding the voltage and frequency of this memory, with all 4 slots being used, alas swapping the ram will most likely show you no improvement in stability". I just wish this was in the manual at least, since I am one of the few who does read around first.. unfortunatly, none of these threads came about until after I bought the board.

paitiently waiting.....

Comment

Last edited by dave_99; 01-05-2008, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your input dave, I will have to try the f2 out and see what I can do.. I have made kind of a medium until then,
                              4-4-4-12 on timings @ 942mhz on ram
                              377x8 3.1ghz for a e6400 2.1ghz stock
                              1508 fsb effective.
                              had to bump northbridge up to +.3 to get this, and ram running at 2.2

its fast, but I really do want to see this ram running stock or more.
                              Thanks again.

Comment

I'd kind of stay away from that 377fsb. Try to work with either 333 or 400 and see what you can do. Only problem with the 400fsb there is no multiplier that will give you 1066, only a 2.5 that gives 1000. There is just something about the P35C board that getting outside of a standard bus speed gives all sorts of problems. I believe it also affects the PCI-E and causes alot of those reboot issues I read on this site.

Dave

hollovoid7, after looking at your post again, I would really go with 333x9 fsb, system memory multiplier 3.2 and 5-5-5-15 on the memory and see how you run. You are only .1ghz less and have standard buss speeds. If that works try upping to 400x8 fsb and system mem multiplier of 2.5. This will give you 3.2ghz and 1000 on the memory. Don't tweak the fsb up to get 1066 because you'll run into statbility issues. Keep the fsb at either 333 or 400, no more or no less. You may have to live with either 333 and 1066 or 400 and 1000. They are both good.

Dave
                                Last edited by dave_99; 01-05-2008, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X