Gigabyte Tech Support Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Tech Support Sucks!

Janus, I'm not pointing this post at you. I know you have tried to support everybody here the best you can :)

2 weeks ago I started a Gigabyte GTS trouble ticket. I had two questions regarding the following subjects.

1) The P35C-DSR3 memory overvoltage issue

2) The P35C-DSR3 "cycle reboot" problem

I supplied gigabyte with explicit details of each problem. I also gave them my lot # of my motherboard and asked if I can help in other way.

For 2 weeks I got a bunch of "stone walling" replys to my trouble ticket that really didn't say anything. I asked many "Direct" questions but none of them were answered.

Finally, today, they erased my trouble ticket without so much of an explaination. Basically, I spent 2 weeks asking for their help and go nothing. I find it interesting because that is their job.

Way to go Gigabyte! Your Tech Support sucks A$$!

Re: Gigabyte Tech Support Sucks!

Dear mrfatboy

Long time no see.

About the P35C-DS3R issue, our RD told me that ITE has found some issues of EVEREST.

But sorry I can't tell you the dital. BTW, you still can find these information from CPU-Z or Easytune.

Than if I get more information I will let you know ASAP.

Thank You.

Comment

janus,

I'm sorry, you are incorrect. Every memory voltage monitoring program I have used has yielded the same results. It is not an EVEREST problem.

Please check the results for youself. It's not that diffcult.

Comment

I have to back mrfatboy on this one. The support is a joke, they do not address issues or give direct responses.

Mrfatboy is also dead-on with regard to the RAM voltage -- I was litterally ready to rip my board out when I ran into the voltage thread. A simple adjustment of -.2v I am back in business.

We are not here to throw stones at you, we just want stable systems....

Comment

I have to agree, I have the same overvoltage problem with another P35 Gigabyte board.
          it shows 2.2v on easyTune. when I set it as manual contral and Normal for memory voltage.
          While it should be running at 1.8v. I can manually lower the voltage in easyTune, but it revert back to 2.2v on every restart.

But running @ +0.4v on NORMAL setting is just... a joke
          **EDIT I read from Janus that setting NORMAL the bios will automatically adjsut to the correct voltage. if thats so how can I set it to run @ 1.8V?? or is the +0.5v means +0.5v on top of that NORMAL voltage?
          Last edited by pricyber; 11-04-2007, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Another one agreeing with the thread.

This was my first Gigabyte board (P35C-DS3R), I wont be buying another one. I cannot believe they have just ignored something so fundamental as the memory voltage problem. Mind you what with vdroop/power cycles/RMA etc. it seems as if you are just lucky if your board keeps running!

Comment

Working...
            X