Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-N680SLI-DQ6 Rev 1 VS Rev 2

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me what the differences are between Revision 1 and Revision 2 of the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 motherboard? The only difference that I am seeing from GIGABYTE's web site is that Rev 2 just has more USB ports...

Second question, would a 700watt power supply be big enough to run this board with 2 7900gs video cards in SLI mode, 5 hard drives (4 in a RAID), 1 DVD burner, 4gig of SLI RAM, an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor, and 4 120cm cooling fans...?

I will not be doing any overclocking...

Thanks...

Re: GA-N680SLI-DQ6 Rev 1 VS Rev 2

I THINK 700Watt is ok.

Comment

"Can anyone tell me what the differences are between Revision 1 and Revision 2 of the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 motherboard? "

rev2 supports some of the 1333MHz C2D 65nm out of the box ie: E6850...etc., uses the downgraded Southbridge MCP55P instead of MCP55PXE

Comment

Thanks Janus... I will try the 700 watt then...

Rick... Thanks for pointing out the difference listed in the Southbridge chipset I missed that on my first run through of the specs...

From what I understand the MCP55P is a light version of the MCP55PXE...

Does anyone know if there are any features being lost by the utilization of this light version? Or is this just a typo on GIGABYTE's web site...?

Thanks again...

Comment

Light is actually a misnomer; no difference between the two save a graphics enhancement algorithm-I forget what it was called. NVIDIA ceased to support it and so the SB was modified to reflect this change in policy.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Rick...

After reading through several other posts on this forum and other forums it does not look like Gigabyte is backing this product very well and fixing the issues that exist out there... That's too bad, it looked like it could have been a very nice board...

As it is I'm heading over to ASUS and EVGA to check out there offerings...

Thanks again...

Comment

I really do not know what they're thinking! This board has a lot of potential, it's very fast, but, I believe Gigabyte has too much on their plate and, therefore, are neglecting their duties to those products already launched and in a bad state of repair. I mean, to allow all these open issues to fester for almost a year and, then, put out an anemic beta BIOS not even published on their website which solves nothing is well, what it is; nothing.
              I've just purchased an ASUS P5E X38 motherboard, supports DDR2, I do not want Splash Shield-that Linux boot strap-and am not interested in integrated Wi Fi-just quality, speed and some semblance of support. I'm hoping there is no real difference between SLI and Crossfire memory, do not plan to go SLI-one 8800GTX is quite enough for me; so, will be changing it out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X