Problem with CPU fan on ga-p35c-ds3r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with CPU fan on ga-p35c-ds3r

Hi, I'm having problems with my new computer which i bought yesterday. After I put everything together i can't get it to boot.

When I turn the computer on everything else seems to power up except CPU fan . I don't get any signal to my monitor so I cant get into bios. I don't get any warning beeps either which might indicate the problem. I even tried to boot without memory sticks and didn't get any beeps even then. Though if I leave the PCI-E powercable off from videocard I get continous beep until I turn the computer off. I have tried Zalman cnps9700 led CPU fan and the standard intel fan.

List of my components: ga-p35c-ds3r, eVGA gf8800 gts 320mb, 2x 1gb A-DATA Vitesta 800mhz ddr2, Intel E6750, 450w PSU (came with antec sonata II case)

Re: Problem with CPU fan on ga-p35c-ds3r

Ok I got the system running by changing the 450w PSU to 300w PSU.

Comment

Re: Problem with CPU fan on ga-p35c-ds3r

Sounds like the original 450w PSU is on its wayout. The 300w PSU will struggle with your setups power requirements. Check out this guide for what you power requirement is and then add some for future upgrades:-
      http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp
      Putting your spec in and adding a couple of HD and DVD burners it comes out at 378w. I would get at least 600w PSU in case you go for more devices or want to overclock.
      I have the Corsair HX620 with 4 SATA drives and a couple of bruners. Same setup apart from I have a quad and you have a dual CPU.

Comment

Working...
      X