Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35C-DSR3 Cycle Reboot Problem

Janus,

There seems to be an on going issue with the P35C-DSR3 board. People are now dubbing it the Cycle-Reboot problem. The problem is described as Power up, Fans on, Beep, Reboot in a continous loop never reaching the bios.

The problem does not seem to be localized to one part of the world either. I have read people in Austrailia, U.S., U.K., and Germany are having the same problem.

I have read about this problem on this forum - tweaktown.com as well as these forums

Newegg.com
    Anandtech.com
    Overclockers.net
    OCforums.com
    Tomshardward.com
    xtremesystems.org

Does Gigabyte have a position on this? It seems like an ongoing problem that nobody has a solution for that ultimately leads to an RMA. Is it a bad batch of boards? Is it a bad bios? Something else? Is it fixable without a RMA?

Janus,
    I think the community would really like an explaination about the problem. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Re: P35C-DSR3 Cycle Reboot Problem

I'm experiencing this exact problem now and have posted about it at the e6750 / GA-p35c-dsr3 thread at the anandtech forums...and I'm about a day away from giving up on Gigabyte forever all-together because of this, it's been a hair pulling experience! I really wanted to love this board! Please give us a solution...and one that doesn't involve RMA'ing the board would be preferred! Can this issue be fixed by the user??

- Brett

Comment

So that tells ya folks...

I ended up going with the Abit-IP35Pro Board, has a much better layout anyways and it's the only higher-end P35 board I've seen without the IDE connector stuck in a retarded spot...

Good luck if you go with P35c-Ds3r model! Sounds awesome on paper and the box is cool, but It's like rolling dice!

Comment

Janus,

I was wondering if you received any info on this thread topic? I think alot of us are awaiting Gigabyte response on this.

Comment

I'm also having the same problem and love to hear if Gigabyte has a solution, or, even a clue as to what is going on. Just do a google search or read a few other forums and you will see this a common problem. My review is on Newegg and the reputation of gigabyte is going to take a hit if this problem is not addressed in some fashion.

Comment

Dear all

We have a GGTS service, please link to
            http://gwebmanager1:7001/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx
            or http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw

you will get more help

Thank you.

Comment

janus,

Your first link does not work and your 2nd link doesn't work either. It keeps asking for "select product". Why can't you help us on this question? Why are you passing us off to this service? What do you engineers say?

I'm sorry but this seems like a bigger problem that needs to addressed. I hope you (Gigabyte) are not sweeping this under the rug!

Clearly this is a huge problem. Please address the issure for us.
              Last edited by mrfatboy; 09-30-2007, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Dear mrfatboy

I try to link it, it's ok for me. Please try again

I would like to help you guys everything about our product, however I am not the RMA people, and i don't have enough source to help you. So I which you can use GGTS system more our engineers will be there to help you.

Thank you for understand.

Comment

Well mine's not boot cycling. But it is freezing. Up to 3 or 4 times a day. I emailed Janus for the version 3 bios and never got a reply.

A long time Asus buyer, this is my first and last Giga board.

Comment

Originally posted by damianicus View Post
                    Well mine's not boot cycling. But it is freezing. Up to 3 or 4 times a day. I emailed Janus for the version 3 bios and never got a reply.

A long time Asus buyer, this is my first and last Giga board.

Janus actually emailed me the F3 bios last night. He did say would should be using F4 though.

Comment

Well I'm curious if anyone who didn't overclock their board are experiencing cycle rebooting or other problems. In the other thread it talks about uncertaincy over the ram voltage. Wonder if its just the overclockers getting the boot.

Comment

I have this board and from stock [first boot] had this issue. If your using RAM with a higher rated voltage try setting this in the BIOS using some old DDR2 to boot. Once i had set the voltage to +0.3v i have had no problems since [yesterday....]. I think the default ram voltage is 1.8-1.9 and ive heard a lot of people say this is unstable.

Comment

I believe the default memory for this board is actually 2.0v. I have a trouble ticket with Gigabyte GTS right now. It's been going on for a week now. They have been giving me the run a round but I keep pushing :) I'll report back when they give me an answer.

Comment

Had a similar reboot problem with mine only each time it rebooted itd get a little further into the process, took about 5 minutes but it would eventualy boot up. Once it had booted it would start up again no worries until itd been left off for about 5 hours then the same reboot bull until it started again. Had it all checked out, perfectly stable when it was running, no fluctuations in voltages or anything just didnt like cold starts, had the tech guys buggered. Then 3 days ago the problem stopped the thing starts first go evry time now, i havent changed anything it just decided to work properly, has me a bit worried tho problems dont just fix themselves and i cant return the board while its working properly.

Comment

my system i just built using a gigabyte p35 dq6 - wont post anymore - i just installed vista, opened a browser window, and now i get the constant reboot. Tried 3 different bios's, and every conceivable memory voltage.

gigabyte needs to issue a massive recall, my board cost $250 and ive had nothing but headaches..

Comment

Working...
                              X