GA-P35C-DS3R NIC Transfer rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35C-DS3R NIC Transfer rate

I have a 1Gb network and my GA-P35C-DS3R NIC only operates at 100Mbps. It says 1Gbps but takes 2 min. 12 secs. to move a 2.3 Gig file and my other machine (Asus) moves the same file back in less than 1 minute. My other machine (100Mbps Asus) moves the same file in 2 min. 35 secs. and that has SATA I drives. I tried a PCI-E 1000Gb NIC in the GA-P35C-DS3R and got the same results (2 min. 12 secs). I've tried everything.... Thinking it might be RMA time. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: GA-P35C-DS3R NIC Transfer rate

What operating system/s are you using?

Comment

what speed is your switch or are u using a cross over cable and is it cat6
      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Thanks for the replys,

XP-Pro SP2 on all 3 machines. Cat 6 for the 2 new ones and 5E for the old one. Netgear GS605 10/100/1000 switch. Cheap but it works good. I've tried everything.
        - Switched ports
        - Used a new PCI-E 1000 Mbps Nic in both the new machines
        - Tweaked all NIC settings on both boxes - Numerous configurations
        - Switched Cables
        - With and Without Firewalls, Virus protection ans Spyware apps. running.
        - I even swapped out the GT 7950 with a cheap PCI analog card that used IRQ 10 instead of 16 that XP uses for the PCI-E bus.

I'd really hate to RMA this board 'cause I love everything about it. The problem is that I have a small render farm for Video editing and after OC'ing, network bandwidth is next in line. The 2.3 Gig file I used for testing was only 1 minute of video. Try to imagine the time difference for a 1 hour vid.

Thanks for your time:
        BGTech0

Comment

Working...
        X