Finally fixed it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally fixed it

DDR 18V Should read 1.8v "failed" because the Tracers needed 2.2v Gigabyte support was excellant. I was not put on hold and they answered the phone 5 times today to help me resolve mobo and Vista issues. The mobo book is so vague. If you should see an "OK" (according to the picture in the book) on a BIOS line and you get a "failed" on your screen, you would expect the book to offer suggestions. It doesn't. Vista said it recognized the Raptor 150 and the WD750 and then said I didn't have enough drive space to continue the install. What?? You have to stop downloading Vista and put the GB CD back in. Then please warn me. Put that in the book. There is nothing on the BIOS screen that says SATA, it's all IDE. One drive was the master and the other was a slave. You don't have master/slave with SATA. Turned out the data cables have to be connected to specific SATA connectors on the mobo. I could go on. My next build and advice to Noobs, go ASUS.

Re: Finally fixed it

Be more specific. Which SATA connectors? I'm about to fire up this mobo and I'd like to know.
    Last edited by damianicus; 09-13-2007, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Why should SATA have to choice master/slave?

Comment

No Janus he was saying that in Bios it only mentions IDE master/slave and nothing about SATA. Then he says he had to put his CD or HD in specific SATA plugs for them to work. But he didn't mentioned which, which is completely unhelpful to those about to install this board.

Comment

Yeah my ASUS is straight forward reading in the manual, now my gigabyteboard will not raid at all. NO matter what get all the way through install to the load windows screen then it doesn't see the array?

Jaggerwild
          MSI X-99SLI
          Intel 5930K WATER
          EVGA Nilla 1080
          POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Dear jaggerwild

Which MB?

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
              Dear jaggerwild

Which MB?
              You will find his GA-N680SLI-DQC-rev2 problem here.

Comment

Dear wayout44

Thank you.

Comment

I read some where VISTA has an issue reading more than 1TB of drive space or something to this affect, with all the new big drives people will be having this problem often.Mine just stooped working after Finlay getting it to work properly, loving it. So I'm off to RMA land with my brand new build,Weeeeee. LOVING IT!!!
                  jaggerwild
                  MSI X-99SLI
                  Intel 5930K WATER
                  EVGA Nilla 1080
                  POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
                  X