DDR 18V reads error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR 18V reads error

This was my first build and it fired right up! Gigabyte P35 DQ6, DUO 6850, 1066 2gigs Crucial tracers, 8800GTX, 850w Antec, Raptor 150, WD 750 and two shovel fulls of blue lights. I followed the forums for months heeding your advice and caution statements. And it paid off because when I turned on the power, for the first time, I got a steady, high pitched warning alarm and of course my CPU fan wasn't spinning. So I''m thinking I have a bad fan. Then I remember reading about plugging in the graphics card or else, and slam the two power lines were sitting on their butts having coffee. Plugged them in and pure silence, prayer works. It was the first time I have ever seen a BIOS screen and yes I was fearful. So I enabled the common sense stuff and did not overclock anything, yet. My question is this, in the CMOS setup utility, the line that reads DDR 18V reads error. It should read OK. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.

Re: DDR 18V reads error

Was the real missenge showed "DDR 18V reads error" or "system voltage not optimized"
    Or, Could you tell me which item show this messenger?(for example:MB Intelligent Tmeaker or other item?)

Comment

Janus, thanks for the fast response. I know from experience, you are the gigabyte guru. I can't find the menu that tells me how many volts are going to the memory strips. If I have 1.8V and the tracers need 2.2V. In the mobo manual, page 51, PC Health status you can see that DDR 18V should read OK. Mine reads red, failed. The Vista OS arrives in two days, so it isn't loaded yet. And instead of 4gigs I have only installed 2. The tracers LEDs are lit, for what it's worth. The mobo manual does not address a failed message. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Hi

Try to get into BIOS.
        Run "Load Optimized Defaults" Function than Save and Exit setup.
        And don't overvoltage your memory.

Your DDR 18V will be ok.

Thank You.

Comment

Again, thank you, in the morning I will follow your advice. I am sitting here looking at this monster, and happy that I took that second job to pay for it. It is amazing. Well, I am going to finish this glass of wine and imagine the excitement of loading Vista and the speed of this system. I will keep
          you posted. See you in church!!

Comment

Working...
          X