Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35C-DS3R SYS FAN1 & FAN2 always @ full speed

Hi all,
    I'm just asking myself if some other P35C users experience the same issue like mentioned in the title : the fans on ports sys fan1 and sys fan2 do always run at full speed, no matter the setting in the bios.
    Any hint for me ?

Thx

Re: P35C-DS3R SYS FAN1 & FAN2 always @ full speed

Did you setup smart fan control?

Comment

Dear Janus,
      Off course i enabled smart fan in the bios and it works great for the CPU Fan.
      But i just took a look in the manual, and it's mentioned that smart fan controls the CPU fan speed so i guess it's normal that the others work at full speed then. I should have written the manual before posting here. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrip5 View Post
        Dear Janus,
        Off course i enabled smart fan in the bios and it works great for the CPU Fan.
        But i just took a look in the manual, and it's mentioned that smart fan controls the CPU fan speed so i guess it's normal that the others work at full speed then. I should have written the manual before posting here. Sorry

Dude, i noticed that same problem whe i had f2 bios, updated to f5 and it was all good then. now i'm on f7, my suggestion is get the latest bios and the board will regulate all fans connected to it like mind does. i've had 3 fans at the same time and set auto and board controls.

Comment

Originally posted by fausto412 View Post
          Dude, i noticed that same problem whe i had f2 bios, updated to f5 and it was all good then. now i'm on f7, my suggestion is get the latest bios and the board will regulate all fans connected to it like mind does. i've had 3 fans at the same time and set auto and board controls.

Giga broke it in newer bios...auto doesn't work...choose "voltage" in fan type and it will auto regulate speed

Comment

Did you report your findings? If not, please do here and they may correct that in a future BIOS if they do make another >>>
            GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Did you report your findings? If not, please do here and they may correct that in a future BIOS if they do make another >>>
              GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone
              on the older bioses...when you set fan to auto and fan type to auto it correctly controlled speed, in the newer ones the broken that part of it and you have to manually go in there and adjust the fan type to voltage.
              this is computer programming, if the bios programming people don't know then they need to be fired.

Comment

Creating a BIOS is much harder than it sounds. So when the create a new version they of course build from the old. Now, then they add or correct something they may only test that feature/issue and maybe a few other things and think all is ok since that was all that needed addressed per the BIOS update.

So without end users such as yourself reporting that a update that added or corrected something also unintentionally broke something else they may never know. So best to report it and see what the reply is, they may send you a Beta BIOS to test and report back about.

Comment

Working...
                X