Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi!

I am new User to this forum and new user to the gigabyte motherboard too!
    I have two quetions/problems, hope i will get help here,

1- When ever i launch cpu-z, Easy tune 6 ,Touch Bios or Smart from gigabyte. My computer just freeze. I am downloading these softwares from my motherboard homepage (except cpu-z), i think these are not compatible with windows 8, since it used to work on windows 7. What could be possible reason? and is there any workaround?

2- There are no fsb Changing option in Gigabyte bios. Although F6 version of bios mention 6% change in FSB is allowed. But it would not show option in Bios. Now i tried latest Bios (i.e F10) but still no option.
    Can someone mod this bios for me to add option for FSB changing?
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-H61M-D2-B3 (rev. 1.0)

My system specs are follows:

i3 2100 @3.1Ghz
    2x4Gb kingston
    Gigabyte h61M D2 B3
    500Gb Harddisk
    Sapphire 5750 1Gb
    Windows 8 CP

Comment

Hi all,

First off I want to say hi, I'm new to this forum, And it looks like a great community that I wish to be apart of.

I have a Z68-UD7 mobo and I have an annoying boot issue when overclocked.

When my CPU is @ 4.8ghz (2600k) it's fully stable for 48hours On prime 95 and can fold for days on end.

Settings are 1.375 with LLC7 so on load I get 1.392vcore.

It's all good when the rig is on. But when i switch the rig on (btw its still plugged in and has power running through it, the Rig is just switched off) it would get stuck on C1 (led poster) and flicker a few times then reboot, it does this a few times the. Eventually loads up with the OC settings still in place.

The CPU is watercooled and on boot up it would sit at ~29c idle and 60c on load (after a few hours of stress).

I have the F10 bios btw

Can anybody help me on this?

It happens EVERY time I boot up and the OC never fails...

Thanks

Firat

Comment

Hi and welcome to forum.
        More about your issue and fix you can found here:

Btw,
        when you post,please include your detailed hardware specification.
        Last edited by stasio; 04-07-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Ok thank mate :)

Comment

I have a P67A-UD4-B3 and I flashed it with the official F8 bios, what Baseclock value do I need to set to get 100.00Mhz again, it always stays at 99.77Mhz.. with Beta F6F all i needed to set was 1003.

Comment

Quick question, does the GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 support an "Intel Xeon E3 1220L 2,2GHz Socket 1155" CPU? I've been thinking about replacing my Intel Celeron G530 with one of those to get the power consumption and consequently the heat down a notch in my PC.

The only other option, apart from just sticking with my G530 is to wait for a similarly priced (or cheaper) Ivy Bridge CPU that is rated even lower than 20W. Will that come or will I be waiting in vain for that one (if anybody knows)?

Comment

So..finally i got this board..and here comes first problems :(
                Tbh im not sure its board,so i will try explain
                I swapped board with my previous Asus P8P67 Pro-after cleaning from dust Asus board wont recognose ram in 1 last slot,whenever i did - same result,no boot,no even bios,i checked ram with Mem Test in working slots - all ram ok (4x4Gb Corsair XMS3) so i decided to sent this board for RMA and after i get new one back i just sell it and went for Gigabyte Z77-UD5
                Got it today,flashed to F7,but my "brilliant" M$ keyboard and mouse (Wireless 5000) gave me some "nice" drifting in F7,so i flashed to F7b,so now i can use them in bios
                After putting pc back i started it and diagnostic LED gave me code 51 - which is problem with memory..and i thought "no f******g way"..after swaping ram,i discovered that ram working only in slots 4 and 2 in dual channel mode,any other ram config giving me code 51..now im lost - Asus board can be not faulty at all then isnt? I suspect,that my cpu mem controller not very "healthy" (2600K) and i dont have other Sandy cpu to test it,no friends near me who can borrow me cpu to test..
                Any suggestion will be much appreciated,thanks
                P.S.the UD5 is cracking board btw

pc specs:
                2600K (Akasa Venom cooler)
                Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
                Asus GTX570 DCII
                Corsair 4x4Gb XMS3
                X-Fi Titanium
                CM Haf X
                LG BluRay RW
                Samsung DVDRW
                Crucial C300 SSD
                WD Black 2Tb FAEX
                Corsair HX750W

Comment

Originally posted by draccy View Post
                  [after swaping ram,i discovered that ram working only in slots 4 and 2 in dual channel mode,any other ram config giving me code 51..now im lost - Asus board can be not faulty at all then isnt? I suspect,that my cpu mem controller not very "healthy" (2600K) and i dont have other Sandy cpu to test it,no friends near me who can borrow me cpu to test
                  Won't work even with single modu;e in slots 1 or 3?
                  Maybe it is the CPU after all. Good chance if 2 boards failed.
                  Check the socket pins and the pads on the CPU also

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                    Won't work even with single modu;e in slots 1 or 3?
                    Maybe it is the CPU after all. Good chance if 2 boards failed.
                    Check the socket pins and the pads on the CPU also
                    Nope..
                    Any ram in slots 1 or 2 or both - code 51..
                    Im still hope its not cpu,just board (as we have seen there a lot of problems with Z77-UD5) so i hope that new bios solve this
                    Is there any way to test cpu mem controler if its ok (or just Intel can do it themselves?)? Mem Test testing just memory,and all my ram appears to be ok (tested with old mobo,will test later today with Z77-UD5)
                    Slots 4-2 working ok,code A0 on LED which means all ok..

Comment

Hello,

I just bought an GA-Z77-D3H and i have an big problem with my keyboard:

My Logitech G510 keyboard don't work in bios, i mut use an PS2 keyboard.

In Windows 7 x64 the logitech software claims that the G-series is not connected... so i can't program macros and the LCD panel don't work.

I have 3 computers, and the keyboard works well with an GA-P55A-UD3R (and 2 other ASUS motherboards).

Is there any USB setting for my keyboard ? (Legacy USB is enabled in bios)

I tried all USB connector at the back panel.

Edit: Bios F13 (latest) and i made a clear cmos

Comment

Hi,

I have a question about overclocking with the GA-X79-UD3 using F10 (or F11b, F11c) BIOS.
                        I am using an i7 3820 CPU (my full pc specs are in the blue link top-left corner of this post).

Overclocking using the 1.00x strap is a breeze and the board is rock solid stable.
                        I am using SVID (vcore set to normal in BIOS) with a DVID offset of 0.00v.

With this method the SVID value increases properly as I increase the CPU multiplier and reboot.
                        Doing it this way lets the board idle at 1200MHz with a vcore of only 1.0v or so, and the vcore increases
                        to 1.265v when the CPU is running at 4.3GHz as it should. Both the BIOS and Easytune 6 show power-on vcore
                        to be 1.24v and I have no problem cold-booting.

When I use the 1.25x strap however I have a problem. Power-on vcore stays at 1.00v regardless of how high or low the cpu
                        multiplier is set and how many times I reboot. I think this is preventing me from booting the system past about 2.5GHz - 3GHz. If I set vcore
                        manually to 1.265-1.275v I can boot at 4.5GHz no problem. But now the vcore will stay at 1.265-1.275v even when the CPU is idle
                        as SVID is no longer active.

Is there a way around this problem? Or can we get a fix for the power-on vcore in the next BIOS please? When using higher
                        straps I don't think the power-on vcore is supposed to be 1.0v. It would be great to be able to use SVID (+DVID if needed) when using
                        1.25x strap so that the CPU can idle at low voltage but still achieve a good overclock (4.5GHz or higher).

Apart from this one issue I just want to say this is a great board and well priced too!

Thanks.

Comment

Belkin KVM won't work with Gigabyte motherboard

This is a rather strange one.
                          You would think that connecting a KVM to a USB port on the computer would just be a straight forward 'plug-and-play situation.
                          Apparently not.
                          I bought a BELKIN SOHO KVM to switch between 4 USB computers: 3 Macs and a PC. The unit works perfectly with the Macs but not the PC.
                          I'm running Win XP SP3 with the Gigabyte motherboard listed below.
                          The Kbd and Mouse are Gigabyte USB type.
                          The motherboard is GA-H61MA-D2V.
                          When switched to the PC, the Mouse and Kbd don't work and the LED flashes on the SOHO switch - indicating there is a problem.
                          'Found New Hardware' comes up on the PC and in Device Manager it says it is looking for the driver: Combo Free KVM.
                          I'm not aware of any driver of this type and anyway the BELKIN unit should work without software.
                          The odd thing is that the Kbd and Mouse work OK in BIOS and the LED on the KVM is full on, but when the computer boots into Windows - they don't work.

Can anyone help?
                          Any clues please.
                          Belkin technical help seem to be useless.

GA-H61MA-D2V (rev. 2.0) Motherboard
                          2.4GHz Intel Celeron Dual-CoreProcessor
                          500GB HDD Hard Drive
                          8GB DDR3 RAM
                          BIOS F1

Comment

Hi I believe you still need the windows xp to recognize the device and install a driver. In most cases this is automatic. Did you try the auto update on Belkins technical web site? You may want to try to enter your Belkin SoHo KVM model number at the following web site. I believe you would need to be on the xp computer while performing this. Unsure of your model for more research, but it's worth a try.
                            Belkin : Support : Soho Auto Update Utility
                            Last edited by artdrivers; 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM.
                            http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                            http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                            Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                            Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                            Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                            4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                            (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                            (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                            (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                            Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                            Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                            2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                            Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                            Logitech G500 USB mouse
                            Monitor: CMV937A
                            7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                            Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion,
                              Tried it. Didn't work.

Is there anything in the BIOS that needs to be enabled?

The motherboard obviously sees the KVM because the mouse and keyboard work during BIOS setup, but when the computer boots into Windows it's asking for a driver:
                              Combo Free KVM

Is there such a driver somewhere I can download?

Belkin are absolutely useless - nothing on their site. They just keep saying it doesn't need a driver.

Any clues? Anyone ?

Comment

Do you have installed latest Etron USB drivers,I think is Etron USB 3.0 driver v.112.
                                And try with latest F4 BIOS.
                                GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-H61MA-D2V (rev. 2.0)

Anyway,I doubt you can do this in XP.
                                Last edited by stasio; 06-13-2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X