Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    fidde91, please make a new thread with this info, and please do post ALL your settings you have set and We can help. If you are using Auto put Auto, I just say that because you left many things blank or as they were in the template without putting in what you are using

Okey, Check after in in Gigabyte forum in a few minutes:D

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...600-mhz-30597/ There's my thread that I started yesterday
    Last edited by fidde91; 02-25-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

K, I have replied. Sorry I am still a bit behind from my absence from the forums

Comment

Pls, could you help me? -> http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/mons...extreme-30649/

I tried everything but nothing. It seems there is some "block" that makes the vcore drop under load.

thanks

Comment

I recently just purchased a GA-MA790XT-UD4P motherboard and everything is working fine. However i wanted to know what the limitation were for the FSB on the motherboard.

I understand you don't support overclocking but this is just a question of whether your board has been tested to handle fsb speeds above 275mhz?

In my experience i can safely hit a cpu speed of 3.5ghz at 270fsb but i cannot hit a speed of 2.9ghz when running at FSB 290. the board fails to post.

I also have instances where changing a single setting in the bios is causing the system to not post even when its a trivial one like lower the speed of your memory. (if it can run at a higher speed why not a lower speed?)

Do you have a new bios in the works for this motherboard? Is there a beta bios available to download for testing?

So far i am disapointed in the stability of changing settings in the bios. more often than not it will fail to post on small changes.
          AMD Phenom II 710 [email protected]
          Wintec Ampx 1333 DDR3 4GB
          GA-MA790XT-UD4P
          ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
          Coolit Freezone elite TEC chilling waterloop
          1 DVD burner
          1 36gb WD rapter hard drive
          2x 640GB WD in RAID 0
          Cooler Master 700W SilentPro PSU
          Watercooling video card and cpu only.

Comment

Sorry I cannot offer much advice about your FSB as I do not know about AMD based Boards

As for changing your BIOS settings causing failure, are you leaving things in auto? If so that may be why

As for a beta, I cannot find you one other then the posted F2. You may email Janus and see if he has any beta's for you. His email is in post #3 of this same thread

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try and pm janus for a possible beta bios if he has one. But a more general question that maybe you can answer.

I watercool have great temps. on my PhenomII triple core 710 (i know low end) my best overclock prime stable is 3.45ghz and this bugs me since i see people do better with air. Now no processor is the same and maybe i got a lemon.

But in trying to determine that my best is 13x265 fsb which is 3.45ghz. As I test if i can do 10x300 fsb which is only 3ghz i get no post. Now i have underclocked the memory its DDR3 running 1100mhz and downclocked the northbridge bus and HT bus. So my question am i just simply at the limitations of my cpu or is this gigabyte motherboard giving me a FSB wall? where i can't go over 280mhz bus no matter what i do.

I may just end up selling my 710 on ebay and getting a black edition but i am just trying to be sure i nailed down my overclocking limitations to the cpu and not the motherboard.

thanks.
              Last edited by dred210; 03-02-2009, 12:43 PM.
              GA-MA790XT-UD4P
              ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
              1 DVD burner
              2x 640GB WD in RAID 0

Comment

Hmm, not sure. Have you tried a bigger jump past where you seem to be stuck at? Like maybe 315-325 FSB?

I would imagine it is more to do with your settings or CPU VS the board itself.

Comment

When i get home i will try a higher fsb. In thinking about what options in the bios are left the try. I have tried about 1.62 volts on the cpu to get over the 280 fsb hurdle and it didn't help. But i don't think i tried upping the voltage on the northbridge or the southbridge.

The UD4P lets me increase northbridge and southbridge voltages from +0.1 to 0.3. I may try raising those when i get home see if that helps out with my fsb issue.
                  GA-MA790XT-UD4P
                  ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
                  1 DVD burner
                  2x 640GB WD in RAID 0

Comment

That very well may help, since you have not tried them.

What ram speed are you running, and what amount of ram do you use? Are you sure the ram is not what is holding you back? I mean have you tried with the ram underclocked so you know it is not the issue? If not, you should definitely do that to see if that is the issue or not

Comment

Janus:

Apologies upfront for my not being too tech-savvy enough to figure out what is going on with my GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard.

I purchased it along with 2 sets of G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory.

I installed them as instructed, but didn't even get a blue screen when I turned it on. However, I removed all but 1 stick, leaving it in slot 1, and it booted up fine. I then trouble shot the remaining 3 sticks, placing them, one at a time in slot 1, and it booted up fine.

The problems started when I'd add anything above 1 stick, and it would go back to not starting up, or it would reset/reboot.

I RMA'd it already, but after looking at some other posts here...were there some other things I could have done?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize again for being not so smart in the tech area!

Jon

SPECS BELOW:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard <o:p></o:p>

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel (8GB Total)<o:p></o:p>

EVGA 512-P3-N975-AR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI

Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card <o:p></o:p>

G.SKILL FM-25S2S-64GB 2.5" 64GB SATA II Internal Solid state disk (SSD)<o:p></o:p>

Rosewill RNX-N300 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless-N 2.0 PCI (1T2R)<o:p></o:p>

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire

Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply<SUB><o:p></o:p></SUB>

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit <o:p></o:p>

Comment

It sounds like you did the smart thing testing the memory the way you did GCgrafixx. I think i would have RMA'd as well.

LSDmeasap: Well I did some more test on my FSB. i confirmed that 278 fsb is my best when it comes to posting. 275fsb is my best when it comes to posting into windows.

Now i got it to be prime stable at 10x270 for 2.7ghz When i tried 13x270 3.510ghz I thought it might remain prime stable but i did get windows to bluescreen on me when multi tasking maybe it was a certain program i launched not sure. got tired of messing with it and wentback to my 13x265=3.445ghz which is prme stable.

Now this whole time i had memory running at only 1100mhz DDR3 its basically two sticks of wintec 1333 DDR3 memory totally 4 gigs of ram. I also had the HT and NB clocks underclocked at 1900mhz stock is 2ghz for each. I tried upping nb voltage and that did not help i went from 1.1volts to 1.4volts highest and still crashing prime95 at 10x275=2750ghz

i have been hanging around 1.425 cpu volts up to 1.575 volts and doesn't seem to improve anything. I tried enabling spread spectrum on the south bridge and i thought that helped a little not exactly sure what thats doing tho.

my water temps are about 27c and under load of prime95 hits about 34c. I must have the the worst phenom triple core out there.. its a pain to take the cpu waterblock off right now cause its a real tight fit to move the radiator out of the way. but it would be interesting to know what batch i got.

I see most poeple on xtreme systems forums getting 3.6ghz minimum on air and the guy was getting 60c on his cpu.

The only thing i think i have verified is that my cpu is sensitive at around 3.5ghz and may or may not be stable. but at the same time my motherboard or cpu is also sensitive to the fsb because anything above 275fsb no mater how low i make the cpu like 2.6ghz or something the motherboard crashes almost instantly in windows. or simply refuses to post.

I am thinking about selling my current chip on ebay and getting a new one and hope that works.
                        Last edited by dred210; 03-04-2009, 11:38 AM.
                        GA-MA790XT-UD4P
                        ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
                        1 DVD burner
                        2x 640GB WD in RAID 0

Comment

@ GCGrafixx

I replied to you in your topic here, hope this is of some help. If not, of course post back and I will offer some more advice.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/moth...-issues-30782/

@Dred210

What CPU is this again? (Spec in sig would be great so I would not have to hunt down info or ask twice) Seems pretty low for a FSB?

Comment

Well i fixed my sig now. =)
                            GA-MA790XT-UD4P
                            ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
                            1 DVD burner
                            2x 640GB WD in RAID 0

Comment

Ahh well Poo!

Sorry man, I would not even know where to begin offering advice about AMD FSB's.

Would you like some links to a few forums with AMD Specific sections? I can link ya up

Sorry, I am not trying to not help at all... I just know very little about AMD

What tRFC are you using? Have you tried 195ns or 327ns, it may help with 4GB if your ram is indeed hindering your overclock.

Comment

I just recently went from DDR1 to DDR3 so i am not familiar with some of these new memory timings. I usually put the memory at stock memory timings or a little worse and then downlock the memory to 1100mhz to see what my max fsb or max cpu speed is.

The trfc you mention i do remember seeing 4 settings all labeled 90ns by default with options to go 110ns 190ns etc. i left it at 110ns. Could raising this higher help with my fsb issues?
                                GA-MA790XT-UD4P
                                ATI/AMD 4870x2 videocard
                                1 DVD burner
                                2x 640GB WD in RAID 0

Comment

Working...