Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Will someone please lock this thread so as to stop people posting their problems here?

(I don't mind if this reply deleted when done)

Comment

I may have missed the intention of this thread? I thought it was for Gigabyte technical support?

Comment

it's the "Welcome to the Forum" thread to introduce Gigabyte Tech Support mate, make a new thread for your problem within the Gigabyte section of the forum

Click Here

At the top of the listing click the "New Thread" button

EDIT: Did you search the Gigabyte sub forum to see if your issue has already been raised/answered?
        Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM.
        E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Dear MDDI
          I will suggest you try our RMA center to help you reflash BIOS.

Comment

My System is
            EP 45 DS4P
            4 gig Cosiar ram
            2x 160 gig sata HDD Hitachi in Raid 0
            Sata DVD rom
            Seasonic 700watt psu

i started tweakin the msconfig and sunddenly mine
            sata dvd is unable to boot up wif mine windows XP pro
            i've tried to enable the Sata Native option but the drive keeps
            interfering with mine XP boot up ( it gets stuck in the XP splash screen )
            i reverted to original settings for msconfig but still same problem

Comment

What did you change in MSconfig? I think we need some more details on what you changed, and were trying to change. Along with what BIOS changes you have made.

Have you tried with the DVD drive on the other color ports? Is XP installed already, I assume so since you said you messed with msconfig, but not sure as you said your trying to boot the XP CD. You may need to reinstall or repair your System, MSConfig is likely not where you should have been messing around. But you could be ok since I do now know what you were trying to do in there.

But really all settings that would/should affect your drives is in the BIOS itself

Comment

i off some features on the start up only to cut down mine boot up time
                1) itunes helper and all Apple Crap stuff
                2) Nero INcd and some other nero stuff
                3) SRS Sandbox
                4) QuickTime Qtask
                5) Smart Doc and Gamer OSD from Asus Geforce 9600 GT

Mine MOBO has 0 to 5 Sata ports, i've tried up to port 5
                OS still hangs at the XP Splash screen

Comment

What BIOS settings are you using, can you please post a picture of the disk page

Comment

Hye there. My mobo is is EP43-DS3L. Currently using BIOS version F4. there are another version isnt it? which is F5,F6 and F7.do i have to install all of them to get my BIOS updated or just install F7?

Comment

You can flash right to F7 if you like. Be sure you Get the correct BIOS for you board Model and Rev #. And DO NOT USE @BIOS

Use Qflash or DOS

Comment

what the difference between those version?

Comment

Well I see enhanced memory capabilities added as well as support for some newer CPU's

Not sure what has happened between my last post and today but F7 has been taken down, at least on the page I am looking at. So maybe you should toss it for now just incase and use F6

Comment

I have a new MA-78GM-S2H v1.1 motherboard with an AMD Athlon X2 5000 2.6 GHz processor and 2 GB of DDR2
                            1066 MHz memory. I have a 160 GB PATA HDD and a 320 GB SATA HDD. I would like to use the onboard
                            video instead of a video card. That is the main reason I bought this motherboard.

When I try to install Windows XP Pro from CD-ROM for the first time, it locks up when Setup tries to
                            start Windows. I get the message "Setup is starting Windows" and the DVD-ROM drive stops spinning.
                            Eventually the screen turns blue, then black (or sometimes, white). I am trying to install the SCSI
                            driver for the SATA drive when Windows installs (F6 when Setup starts).

So far, I have tried the following:
                            1. Updated the BIOS to v6.00PG (latest update, dated 6/15/2008).
                            2. Disabled and disconnected the SATA drive to install Windows only to the the PATA drive.
                            3. Disconnected the PATA drive and tried to install Windows to the SATA drive in IDE mode.
                            4. Disconnected the PATA drive and tried to install Windows to the SATA drive in ACHI mode.
                            5. Disabled the onboard video and installed a PCI graphics adapter.
                            6. Disabled and disconnected the SATA drive to install Windows only to the the PATA drive with the PCI
                            video adapter.
                            7. Disconnected the PATA drive and tried to install Windows to the SATA drive in IDE mode with the PCI
                            video adapter.
                            8. Disconnected the PATA drive and tried to install Windows to the SATA drive in ACHI mode with the
                            PCI video adapter.
                            9. Moved memory modules to DDR2-1 and DDR2-3 to force memory to single channel mode. I tried this
                            both with and without the PCI graphics adapter.

I want to update the chipset drivers, but I can't do that without installing the OS first. I REALLY need to get Windows installed on this box without further expense.

Comment

I have replied in you original thread

Comment

I have a GA-MA78GM-S2H board, I have installed 8.8 ATI drivers. I changed bios to vga/hdmi setting. I hook up vga to my pc monitor and hook up my HDTV to HDMI port on the board.When I am in clone mode the PC monitor is fine. The problem I have is my HDTV projects my desktop image however the color is a very bright lime green. Even when I reboot the background that is normally black is bright lime green on my HDTV. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X