This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sand3er View Post
    Pleaes help me someone, I have GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 Mother Board and I enabled Secure Boot and since then my motherboard is in Boot Loop ™ When trying to boot, it cycles through some values on debug LED display and stops at 97 (something to do with console out - display), then turns off and starts again. i tried all the fixes but nothing is working. I need help. :(
    I think your GPU may be getting rejected by Secure Boot device guard. You need to remove your GPU and boot with a Secure Boot compatible GPU. Or use onboard graphics. Then disable Secure Boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by sand3er View Post
      Pleaes help me someone, I have GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 Mother Board and I enabled Secure Boot and since then my motherboard is in Boot Loop ™ When trying to boot, it cycles through some values on debug LED display and stops at 97 (something to do with console out - display), then turns off and starts again. i tried all the fixes but nothing is working. I need help. :(
      The bricking of m/b after changing secure boot settings the wrong way seems quite common.

Clear CMOS doesnt seem to help - only using QFLASH+ to re-flash if you have it, triggering DualBIOS if you have it, or using onboard video if you have an iGPU

Secure boot isnt needed for W11 - but some games call for it
      If it says Enabled not active mode:setup
      - ensure youre booting into Windows with CSM off
      - turn off secure boot
      - toggle standard to custom
      - toggle custom to standard accepting factory defaults
      - enable secure boot

Comment

• Originally posted by epeen View Post

I think your GPU may be getting rejected by Secure Boot device guard. You need to remove your GPU and boot with a Secure Boot compatible GPU. Or use onboard graphics. Then disable Secure Boot.
        Strictly speaking there isnt a secure boot compatible GPU - there are GPUs that support UEFI boot and it is true that sometimes people with onboard video have been able to get out of the boot loop caused by changing secure boot key settings the wrong way

Part of the problem is the internet's confusion between secure boot and UEFI boot (CSM off)
        W11 just needs secure boot capable - fTPM and UEFI boot but some games needlessly call up secure boot

Comment

Working...
        X