Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi. The problem is this: after you turn in the item UEFI Secure Boot the computer turns on properly and working properly, but once off the item once it has been enabled and the PC worked after applying the settings with a reboot, the PC no longer turns on, goes into a cyclic reboot and no longer available. (Tried versions with enabled and disabled CSM and FastBoot). Clearing the CMOS if that doesn't help. Ie it turns out some "disposable" option this SB. The way out of this situation is the ONLY replacement on any supported CPU with iGPU on Board, my CPU embedded video is missing. Then you can go to UEFI, disable SB with application settings and replace the processor on your. Had tried UEFI version since F13 and ending F16. Also tried the video card with UEFI support and without it - the result is always the same. Tried to perform the same actions on MB other vendors with the same CPU and VGA are there any switches to normal.
    Z77X-UD5H rev1.0
    Xeon E3-1240 V2
    SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 (11197-06) UEFI

Comment

• I own the GA Z170X Gaming GT motherboard and hope someone can help me

For some reason the GT Z170 came out last and also Gigabyte has not posted a Beta XMP Bios on its website like the
      Gaming 7 and the Gaming G1 motherboards.

I came to TweakTown and discovered that there is in fact a new Bios "F3b" for the GT model Board.

I have not assembled my system yet so I dont know what is going to happen but I can pretty much see that I will
      also be encountering memory problems.

My only hope will be the Bios posted here on this Website. My memory is a 16 Gig kit at 3200. I will be installing Windows 10 Pro
      on a Clean drive. I also have 2 x 980 ti Graphics Cards for SLI.

I need to know if the Bios releases posted here are ok for my Region , the USA, first and any info anybody might be able to tell me about
      the Gaming GT z170x board would be so appreciated. It is brand new and a Rev 1.0 just waiting to be put together.

I would so much appreciate any suggestions or people that may have my motherboard up and running.
      thanks
      My Awesome new Windows 10 Pro Computer:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming GT
      Processor - Skylake i5 6600K
      Memory - G Skill RipJaws V 3200 DDR4 designed for the Z170 chipset 16 Gb
      Fan Heatsink - Noctua NH - U14S (Very wide and tall. It wouldnt work on the G1 if you had a Graphics card in Slot 1)
      Graphics Cards - 2x EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked with Backplate in SLI
      Power Supply - Corsair 850 Watt non modular
      DVD RW - HP dvd1260 SATA model
      SSD drives - Crusial 500 GB System drive for windows
      Crusial 1 TB for Games
      WD Rapter Drive - for Games
      WD Data Drive - for just stuff
      Computer Case - Lian Li Full Tower with Side Window that I modified with a fan to blow on Video cards
      Lastly a bunch of lit up fans and some other cool lighting.

Comment

• Bios reset for main bios.

I had an issue where I plugged in a brand new Razer Deathstalker Ultimate to my machine into the 2 top most USB 3.0 slots while it was turned off. I noticed that even though it was turned off the display and keyboard lit up. I assume this is the charging option utility in effect even though my lighted CM Keyboard never lit until after boot.
        Well I then preceded to power on system with new (and apparently powered) keyboard installed and immediately got a bios boot error (Didn't get to post or Windows load). It then asked to If i wanted to reset to defaults and reboot. I choose the option to reset and reboot and upon rebooting the mother board would start the boot process and then after going through a few codes would beep and reset itself again, continuously doing this. I powered off and unplugged the Razer, turned off and unplugged PSU and then reset CMOS. Same issue continued where it would beep the reset continuously. I then powered off again, set switch to 2nd bios, and it booted up and loaded windows fine.

Update* Attempted to repair bios by putting both switches at 1, Holding power until it resets and then powering on again. No help. Same issue persists. When set to dual bios B and boot from recovery bios, the first boot fails then reboots and loads fine, but without any options to repair.

Main Bios was version is F7
        Secondary/Recovery Bios version is F4

Now questions/issues I'd like to resolve are:
        1. Fix main bios. Still cant even boot into it. Would like to know if I need to set switch to single bios (2 setting on SB switch) and then q flash? Should I set to main bios again and attempt to repair bios? and how best to do that?
        2. Should I attempt to update secondary Bios while leaving BIOS_SW switch in 2 position?
        3. disable the USB power options when machine is off.

i7-4790k|Gigabyte GA.G1 Sniper Z97|2x Zotac GTX970 AMP! Extreme Edition|16GB G Skill Sniper 2133|120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD|500GB Samsung Evo|2tb Seagate SSHD|Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212|EVGA Supernova 750G|CM N400 Case|Windows 10 Pro x64
        Last edited by Valnac; 10-02-2015, 03:58 PM. Reason: Updated info.

Comment

^
          Hi,
          firstly download latest BIOS F8:

Unplug all USB 3.0 tongle (except mouse and keyboard ,which can be in USB 2.0).
          To repair Main BIOS....
          BIOS_SW in position 2 (Backup BIOS...F4)
          SB_SW in position 1 (Dual BIOS)
          Power up and fast pressing ALT+F10 on keyboard before splash screen.
          This should start Main BIOS reflash.
          So,you will have both BIOS's on F4, off system and switch BIOS_SW in position 1 (Main BIOS) and flash latest BIOS F8.

Comment

i owe a gigabyte p25w laptop and it doesn't have any pawer manager like sony's vaio care or lenevo's energy manager...and my battery is always full charged
            when my battery is 90% i want my laptop use ac mode instead of dc mode and doesn't charge my laptop to 100%...and there is no any option in power option to do that
            i really need help

Comment

Hello! I just installed windows 10 last night, after motherboard cpu and ram upgrade.

I've got a Z170x Gaming 7.

My only real issue so far is that I cannot install the EasyTune software. Windows tells me that it has protected me from it, and blocks the EXE.
              Not sure why this is happening. all of the other gigabyte suites that i tried installing worked fine, including the appcenter.
              I did not the .NET framework 4.5 recommendation on the notes for EasyTune... when i tried to download it and install, it reported that it is included in Windows10, and will not install separately.

Any help?

I am running the latest release BIOS (F4?)... not the F5e beta. Should i be using the beta?

Cheers!

EDIT: I'm running 4 x 4gb of G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-16GRK (this is QVL'd for this motherboard). Everything in BIOS is default, aside from turning off onboard audio, pretty much.
              I tried enabling the XMP profile #1 (only one listed) and the machine will not get past the Gigabyte POST splashscreen.
              EDIT#2: looks like the XMP worked... i hit the reset button when it appears to fail post, but apparently it kept it? have to say, coming from a very mature ASUS X58 Sabertooth board, this is... a little unnerving? I guess the BIOS is pretty new though.

EDIT#3: re: EasyTune installation. I tried installing EasyTune through the appcenter. It said it worked! .. tried launching easytune from the appcenter after reboot, it tells me easytune is not on my system.
              Last edited by Momo; 10-07-2015, 08:15 PM. Reason: xmp info added more

Comment

Hey fellas

I'm having some issues with my mobo. It's a z97n-wifi. I recently built a rig using an i5 4670k, 8gb gskill ares memory, and msi 290x a few months back. It was running great for about a month or two, then started getting random BSOD's while I was gaming. I looked up the BSOD code and it pointed to a memory issue.

So I downloaded memtest and ram both modules individually and they both tested good. Reinstalled both modules and booted back up and everything was fine for about a week when I got another BSOD. This time when I tried rebooting it went into a boot loop. It would turn on for 5-10 seconds without posting, then shut off for 5-10 seconds, then back on. This keeps repeating until I cut power to the PSU.

So I did a bunch of testing. Tested the PSU and it came back good. Put one memory module in slot 1 and was able to boot into Windows. Shutdown, removed the first module and installed the second in slot 1. Booted into Windows. Shutdown and installed both modules and it went into boot loop. Shutdown, put one module into slot 2, bootloop. Put the other module into slot 2, bootloop. Grabbed another set of known good memory from a different computer and got the exact same results. Boot into Windows with only slot 1 populated, bootloop with both slots or just slot 2 populated. So I concluded slot 2 was bad.

So I messaged tech support and got an RMA approval. I sent out the board, they said there was a minor issue found that was repaired and they sent it back.

Upon getting the board back, I reinstalled everything and hit the power button. Started booting fine and I thought "awesome, board is fixed! Time to get back to gaming!" Then got a BSOD before getting into Windows. did the exact same testing procedure as before the RMA with the exact same results.

So I messaged tech support again explaining how I had just gotten the board back from RMA and am still having issues. They claim the board was serviced and tested before being returned.

Comment

Did they explain what the issue was that they found and fixed?
                  It probably was not slot #2, which it sounds like is still dying or dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
                    Did they explain what the issue was that they found and fixed?
                    It probably was not slot #2, which it sounds like is still dying or dead.
                    No, they didn't explain the issue or how it was fixed. The RMA page just says "minor damage found but repairable. No replacement, repair only"

The tech support person I'm talking to is basically telling me to try everything I have already done. I basically told them exactly what I said here and their latest response was, "The board was serviced and tested before being shipped back, have you tried a different brand of memory and removing the CPU for bent pins?"

Tech support can be so tedious as times. Hopefully it gets approved again and I actually get a replacement this time.

I'm tempted to just call and try to talk to someone. Maybe that would get my point across better. Sometimes I think parts of my messages are not read

Comment

I have to admit, with this being pretty much the only gigabyte support forum, i expected to get some kind of an answer pretty quickly.
                      Anyone home?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Momo. You'd think with as big as a company that they are, they'd have their own forum page, or be more active here

I checked on the other forum I generally do all my posting and there are two Gigabyte Hardware Reps there, but don't seem to be very active. One hasn't logged in since Oct 2014 and the other rep's last login was 2 months ago. I sent them both a PM and haven't gotten a response.

Just have to be patient I guess.

Comment

One more wierd thing i'm seeing - in CPU-Z when i am at idle it shows 4200mhz and 0.852v core voltage, but fluctuates.
                          When i fire up prime95, it drops the CPU to 4000mhz and bumps the voltage up to ~1.35

surely this is not correct, less clocks under load?

Comment

Bump for some serious crickets in this place.

Here's a link to what my current settings are in BIOS. (screenshots).

What am i missing to have all cores run 4.4ghz under load and at idle?
                            Currently without load i'm at 4.4ghz. I run some blend more prime95, and all four cores hit 4.0ghz or less.

imgur album. Didn't want to embed.

Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 OC - Album on Imgur

Thanks

Comment

Turn on CPU Enhanced Halt to enabled.

Turn on EIST (and then in Windows just put power policy to 100% min for CPU and 100% max for CPU if you really don't want to save some free power).

CPU Thermal Monitor to disabled.

Turn CPU Flex Ratio to disabled.

Turn off XMP profiles and set your system memory multiplier to manual (32 it looks like in this case) and then populate the main timings manually based on the specs of your XMP profile.

That's all I can tell you since you haven't shown screenshots of the more important settings like your voltage, etc.

I can tell you this, too - that the Gigabyte boards prefer overlocking using offset mode and you'll get just as high as overclocks as you would in non-offset mode but with a lot less voltage but I don't know which method you are using since there is no screenshot.

If you post the information I'll help you get to 4400 stable no problem...

Comment

I think i'm okay saving the power. ... to be perfectly honest, it was just bugging me that I could not figure out HOW to lock the overclock in. Almost a matter of principal, ya know?

I'm noticing that prime95 seems to have been changed, and it's now brutal on the CPU in terms of heat generated, even on "blend" mode.
                                What should I use for stability testing?

I'm going to try 4.6 (x46 multi) at the current 1.385v core and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X