Gskill Pi Series 6gb DDR3 1600 CL7 XMP problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill Pi Series 6gb DDR3 1600 CL7 XMP problem

I have a new motherboard, MSI B75a G43 Gaming, installed my ram kit which is Gskill Pi Series 6gb(3x2gb) DDR3 1600 CL7.. Tried enabling XMP but it always fail on boot, my pc justs restarts over and over again with a black screen, sometimes it posts an error saying overclock failed, resetting bios defaults..

I need to enable XMP to detect my rams as 1600 CL7, it only reads 1333 CL9 and is very slow.. What should I do?

I have the latest bios on my mobo..
    I have a Core i3 3220 Ivybridge processor..
    Im using built in graphics for now..

Someone help me please..

Re: Gskill Pi Series 6gb DDR3 1600 CL7 XMP problem

someone help me here please, thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Please try the manual settings: timing 7-8-7-24 or 7-8-8-24 with DRAM voltage 1.65v
      Because B75 supporting up to 1600MHz/CL9 only.

Comment

Originally posted by G.Skill - Matt **** View Post
        Hi,

Please try the manual settings: timing 7-8-7-24 or 7-8-8-24 with DRAM voltage 1.65v
        Because B75 supporting up to 1600MHz/CL9 only.

BTW my recent motherboard is Gigabyte B75m HD3, no problems using 1600 CL7 settings.. And its the same B75 chipset..

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

please kindly let us know about your testing result, or you could test the memory module one by one, then adding more to see how it works.
          However, i don't have this board in hand now, can't test that for you. As i remember not every B75 motherboard supporting CL7, not sure about yours.
          And if your Gigabyte B75m HD3 is fine with the memory kit but MSI B75a G43 Gaming is not, then you may need to going to check it again if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by G.Skill - Matt **** View Post
            Hi Jonathan,

please kindly let us know about your testing result, or you could test the memory module one by one, then adding more to see how it works.
            However, i don't have this board in hand now, can't test that for you. As i remember not every B75 motherboard supporting CL7, not sure about yours.
            And if your Gigabyte B75m HD3 is fine with the memory kit but MSI B75a G43 Gaming is not, then you may need to going to check it again if possible.

okay, after i tried all available options, i only managed to run my rams as DDR3 1600 CL8 with 8-8-8-24 timings.. CL7 doesnt really work on this and I dont know why, somehow this board is newer than my previous board and of the same chipset, cant figure out why the heck it wont read CL7..

Thank you sir Matt

Comment

I managed to get CL7 timings but with 1.65volts.. I guess its not worth adding .15volts to get a single decrease in clock timings.. runned it stable 8-8-8-24 1.5v..

Comment

Really, but i think it's worth it....personally

Comment

Working...
                X