GA-Z87X-UD4H cannot get F3-14900CL9 stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z87X-UD4H cannot get F3-14900CL9 stable

Hello all. I just built a brand new pc. 4670 non-k, z87x-ud4h (F7) BIOS and 16 gb (4gb X 4) of Ripjaws X F3-14900CL9. I cannot get the thing stable when using XMP profile 1.

I had to bring the dram voltage up to 1.5 manually in uefi and still have not had success. It's sporadic, all dimms have been thoroughly tested for over 12 hours each using two PC's both at 1600mhz and 1866mhz. The modules check out fine. I can run any combination of them them without issue in an 8gb (4gb x 2) total config using either channel A or B. It's when I put all four dimms in the motherboard that these random stop errors and BSODs pop up.

Could this be an under-volt issue? Any options with Gigabyte boards as far as power adjustments go to help with this? Any help would be extremely helpful.

Regards...

Re: GA-Z87X-UD4H cannot get F3-14900CL9 stable

Hi,

You could try XMP profile1 with DRAM voltage 1.65v to see how it works.

Make sure that you are using one memory kit(4GB x4) instead of mixing two kits (4GB x2)+(4GB x2)
    Mixing kits may cause incompatible issue, please note!

Comment

All 4 DIMMs were sequential serial numbers out of a kit. I did try hitting them with 1.65v and also upped the voltage for the CPU IMC and Analog/Digital IO.

I ended up filing an RMA and will be returning the memory in favor of a different solution. After hours of research and weeks of random errors / instabilities... It turns out these Gigabyte Z87s are rather picky when it comes to memory. Will be replacing with a kit off of the approved / compatible list.

I appreciate the assistance.

Comment

I see, let us know if you need any help!

Comment

Originally posted by rtc975 View Post
          Hello all. I just built a brand new pc. 4670 non-k, z87x-ud4h (F7) BIOS and 16 gb (4gb X 4) of Ripjaws X F3-14900CL9. I cannot get the thing stable when using XMP profile 1.

I had to bring the dram voltage up to 1.5 manually in uefi and still have not had success. It's sporadic, all dimms have been thoroughly tested for over 12 hours each using two PC's both at 1600mhz and 1866mhz. The modules check out fine. I can run any combination of them them without issue in an 8gb (4gb x 2) total config using either channel A or B. It's when I put all four dimms in the motherboard that these random stop errors and BSODs pop up.

Could this be an under-volt issue? Any options with Gigabyte boards as far as power adjustments go to help with this? Any help would be extremely helpful.

Regards...
          Are you tried beta bios F8c? Maybe that helps...

Comment

I sent back the g.skill dimm's and replaced it with 4 sticks of Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP. Works beautifully and at 1.35 volts as well.

Comment

Working...
            X