Dr. Debug giving memory error and endless boot cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Debug giving memory error and endless boot cycling

I have had a set of Ripjawz DDR3 1600 dual channel 8GB(2x4GB) ram kit for a little over two years now. It's worked great with no issues until recently when my computer now refuses to turn on and goes into an endless boot loop giving me a memory error. Thinking it was the Motherboard I replaced it with a brand new one, however am still having the same issues.

Any idea what the problem could be? I have no way of testing other than the Dr. debug error telling me its a memory issue and the boot cycling is indicative of a memory issue as well...plus I don't think two motherboards, one brand new would have the exact same issues...

Any help would be appreciated...

Matt
    MB: ASRock Z75 Pro 3
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @3.8Ghz
    Mem: 16GB(4GBx4) GSkill Ripjawz DDR3 1600
    Video: Sapphire Radeon 6850HD
    PSU: OCZ Mod X Stream-Pro 700W
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    DVD: ASUS 16x DVD-R/RW
    Audio: M-Audiophile 2496
    HDD: Samsung model HD103SJ
    Seagate 1TB SATA drive(can't see model #)

Re: Dr. Debug giving memory error and endless boot cycling

I'd test each stick individually with MemTest86+. Look in your MB manual for which slot to run just one stick in.

Maybe a bad stick? Maybe more that that.

EDIT: I'd wait till Matt the G.Skill rep here chimes in for an official reply. But doing the MemTest86+ against each one in the meantime.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 12-03-2013, 05:25 PM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I have no way to memtest, it doesn't boot..I sent an email to GSkill and they told me to create an RMA and they will replace them...

Also gonna RMA my CPU so I can stop playing the which one is it game...

Comment

Originally posted by matter2003 View Post
        Also gonna RMA my CPU so I can stop playing the which one is it game...
        That's why I suggested to install only one stick and run MemTest86+. If only one stick is found bad by testing but the other one allows booting up just fine you wouldn't need to RMA a perfectly good CPU.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I tried running each stick by itself in each slot, no dice on booting up

Comment

Hi,

Please turn off the power and clear CMOS, then boot up with one memory stick. If the computer still have same problem, please kindly take the memory to other computer for another try(if possible).
            However, you can send the whole memory kit back for RMA, and we will send you another new kit asap!

Let us know if you have any problem to help!

Comment

Working...
            X