Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested with z77extreme6?

Hi.

I am in the process of getting together parts for a first time built.

Currently have

NZXT Switch 810
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
    Intel I5-3570k
    Corsair HX-850 modular psu

These are all I have for now. Everything else is up in the air.

My question is will this be compatible out of the box with the motherboard.

G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual/Quad Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL) [F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL]

Bear in mind, my cooling has yet to be decided. I might not need to add any extra as the case comes with 4. I'm fairly new at this.
    Also, I only intend to use 1 yet to be decided graphics card.

I appreciate any support you could give me :)
    Last edited by karlosdeltequilla; 08-28-2013, 03:15 PM. Reason: Missing information

Re: Tested with z77extreme6?

Hi,

This memory kit is compatible with your Z77 Extreme 6 as well, you can check the motherboard QVL here:

RipjawsZ - F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL - G.SKILL DDR3 Memory

Also, please make sure the CPU cooler have enough space to fit with memory if you want to use the tower model.
    Last edited by G.Skill - Matt Wang; 08-29-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much Matt.

My cooler is the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, and from what i have read, it should be fine in the full tower.

Comment

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum stuff so bare with me please

I noticed that the ram modules Matt recomended are the quad channel sticks
        do they work in the asrock z77 extreme6 mobo as well, which has dual channel support?
        I see on the website these sticks are on the support list, F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD not sure why though as they are quad channel as well

The reason I ask is because I bought the F3-2400C10D-8GHZ kit, which is dual channel,
        but not in the supported list and I seem to be having some issues with.
        (I only saw this once I had received all my kit, assembled and tested it, as I ordered online)
        When I switch my PC on, it starts up and during post turns off, then restarts and runs fine.
        This I can live with, although its not normal from my experience.
        Now my main question:
        I run 3dMark11 the results tell me my RAM is running at 800mhz or 1333mhz, I cant remember exactly,
        is this correct or should they register at 2400mhz?
        If I boot into the bios, it says ram is running at 2400mhz
        I feel like Im not getting full use out of my RAM, otherwise, could you give me advice on downclocking it to
        around 2133mhz as I have never overclocked ram and am not entirely sure how to do it correctly

My specs are:

asrock z77 extreme6
        bios version 2.80
        core i5 3570k
        Gskill ripjaws z 2400mhz
        Windows 7 64bit

If you need any more info please ask

Regards
        Donovan aka LoNgDoNg

Comment

Hi,

For our Qual channel memory kit, it stand for 4 sticks memory kit(pass all of the compatibility tests), and you see the dual channel states point by motherboard SPEC, it state that this motherboard support dual channel technology only.

However, we will suggest if you can check out our Memory configurator: G.SKILL - RAM Configurator
          To find out which memory kit is compatible with your motherboard! Also, please use one memory kit instead of two memory kit(even same model) to avoid compatibility issue.

For your Z77 Extreme6, it may not be stable with 2133MHz, we will suggest if you can stay with 1866MHz DRAM frequency, and you could check the compatible list:
          G.SKILL - RAM Configurator

Let us know if you have any question about it!

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X