Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Time Using G. Skill

Hi All,

This is my first post and it has 2 parts. I have just purchased my first set of G. Skill memory. After lots of reading I concluded that is was the most bang for the buck.

Please keep in mind I am building this rig on the cheap. The only thing this comp is used for is gaming (World of Warcraft, League of Legends, etc...). I simply went for what would suit my minimal applications.

This is what I am building:
    G. Skill Ripjaws X ( Memory Model F3-1866C9D-16GXM)
    AMD FX4170 4.2GHz
    MSI 990 FXA-GD65 V2
    AMD HD Radeon 6700
    Intel 330 SSD
    Thermaltake 750W PS

The first question is since I have the capability to run 2133MHz memory, did I create a bottleneck?

The second is did I over shoot on the memory size?

Any input would be appreciated. If I am posting in the wrong place I apologize in advance.

Re: 1st Time Using G. Skill

Hi,

As the specification of your system, the memory frequency may not be able to support 2133Mhz as well, but 1866Mhz should be fine and the bottleneck will be your video card, it's kind of old. Most of the time the video card is the most important part for gaming.

About the second question, it's noting to do with the memory size, 16GB is great enough for all of the games and hope you can enjoy of the performance.

Let us know if you have any other question about the memory, will do our best to help you!

Comment

Working...
    X