Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use my eprom programmer to flash the bios on ASUS TUF GAMING PLUS WIFI mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use my eprom programmer to flash the bios on ASUS TUF GAMING PLUS WIFI mobo?

Hi, so I have this programmer https://www.ebay.de/itm/334073905561

Can I use that (with the clamp) to manually flash the bios into that mobo? I mean are the mobo's bios chips compatible with this programmer?

Also where are those chips located in my manual it shows only a 256MB chip labeled as bios (red circle)

Those two chips look more like bios chips to me are those the right ones? (green circle)

If the 2 chips are the ones I need to flash then should I flash with an updated bios only the 2nd one or should I flash the main one too? (also which is the "running" chip and which is the backup?)

The mobo doesnt support my cpu (ryzen 5950x) and in its current bios revision and I dont have an older ryzen CPU handy at the moment to use that and flash the bios with the "normal" way.

(also guys when I bought it two years ago I paid like 250 euro at least was it that hard/expensive to add a bios USB reflash feature that doesnt need the CPU? anyway :P )
Working...
X