Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!

Hi All , I hope this post is in the correct area and someone can help me.

I am currently putting together a build for a good friend and have purchased the ASUS Prime Z390-A , #1 because i really like to use ASUS and #2 it has "White" parts and Im doing a white build with all the new Corsair RGB stuff. Problem is there are NO Corsair Vengence RGB Pro in the Ram QVL for this mobo . There are a couple things I have found like the CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M2C3000C15W - Newegg.com (CMW32GX4M2C3000C15W) that does have the same Timings 15-17-17-35 , same Latency 15, and same Voltage 1.35v as a few in the QVL from the ASUS website but this specific Ram is not listed. I do understand they cant test every brand and model of ram with all their Mobo's. But I want to get 64gb of this ram and dont want to waste $400 plus if it wont work. Has anyone used any of the Corsair Vengence RGB Pro with the Z390-A? If not is there anyone who can help me setup to make it work so I dont waste the money please. I'm thinking it should just boot right up seeing all the specs are identical to several sets of Ram in the QVL.... ?

Please if anyone have ideas or info what to do would be greatly appreciated.

This is my Build so far:
    Corsair Obsidian 500D SE
    ASUS Prime Z390-A
    I9 9900K
    ??? Corsair Vengence Pro RGB
    Corsair H100i RGB
    Corsair RMX White Series, RM850x
    2x EVGA RTX 2080 Black Edition

Thank you!

Re: ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!

Originally posted by Frankieb View Post
    Hi All , I hope this post is in the correct area and someone can help me.

I am currently putting together a build for a good friend and have purchased the ASUS Prime Z390-A , #1 because i really like to use ASUS and #2 it has "White" parts and Im doing a white build with all the new Corsair RGB stuff. Problem is there are NO Corsair Vengence RGB Pro in the Ram QVL for this mobo . There are a couple things I have found like the CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M2C3000C15W - Newegg.com (CMW32GX4M2C3000C15W) that does have the same Timings 15-17-17-35 , same Latency 15, and same Voltage 1.35v as a few in the QVL from the ASUS website but this specific Ram is not listed. I do understand they cant test every brand and model of ram with all their Mobo's. But I want to get 64gb of this ram and dont want to waste $400 plus if it wont work. Has anyone used any of the Corsair Vengence RGB Pro with the Z390-A? If not is there anyone who can help me setup to make it work so I dont waste the money please. I'm thinking it should just boot right up seeing all the specs are identical to several sets of Ram in the QVL.... ?

Please if anyone have ideas or info what to do would be greatly appreciated.

This is my Build so far:
    Corsair Obsidian 500D SE
    ASUS Prime Z390-A
    I9 9900K
    ??? Corsair Vengence Pro RGB
    Corsair H100i RGB
    Corsair RMX White Series, RM850x
    2x EVGA RTX 2080 Black Edition

Thank you!

Just thought I'd follow up seeing no one had replied and over 300 views, I went ahead and purchased that ram in my post and it fired right up , didnt have to change any timings voltage or do anything at all. Very nice ram , as soon as im complete with the build i will post a few pics for you guys.

Comment

Re: ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!

Were waiting.........
      MSI X-99SLI
      Intel 5930K WATER
      EVGA Nilla 1080
      POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
      X