Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus rog gl553vd-fy047t

Query - Advice of any kind appreciated

I have a ASUS GL553VD laptop that does not seem to be getting any power, no LEDs shoqing that the laptop is charging, no fans, no screen etc.. I have tried a new Power supply, no difference.

I have removed Ram, M2-SSD, SSD and DVD drives, individually replaced and tied power with no luck. (also tried with nothing connected).
    I have tried pressing the "power" button for over a minute - with & without power connected.
    I have tried "power" & "del" buttons for over a minute
    - with & without power connected
    I have tried "CTRL/ALT/DEL",
    "CTRL/ALT/DEL along with DEL",
    "CTRL/ALT/DEL along with POWER" Both with power connected and without.

I know an RMA is most likely the way to go, but I am just hoping there is something else I can try...
    I read that they will wipe all date - so I would ideally like to take my SSD out so that all my games & files are safe & I could simply reinsert it when I get it back.... but do ASUS expect the SSD to be included for the RMA???

If I RMA and its not covered by warranty - is ASUS expensive to get the repairs done? Do you have the option of getting your product returned without work completed?
    I am just wondering if it would be cheaper to find a replacement motherboard & change myself or send to another repair place for diagnosis/repair...
    How long does ASUS normally take to fix things sent via RMA??

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed..

Many thanks

Jam
Working...
X