X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus rog gl553vd-fy047t

Hi all,
    I am looking for a little advice.
    My Asus GL553VD seems to have completely died on me, I initially thought it may be a charger issue so tried a replacement but to no avail.
    I tried the usual "hold power button down for 1minute" & "
    hold power button & Delete button down for 1minute" along with trying "
    hold power button & Delete button down & Ctrl/Alt/Del" for 1minute - Tried all methods - with no power supply attached & with power supply attached.
    I also tried removing the internal battery (so glad these laptops are so simple to unplug the cables!) & also unplugging the M2-SSD & hard drive plus the DVD drive & RAM... Have tried turning on with none of the drives attached or Ram... and also tried installing one part at a time to see if it was a specific component failure.

Well I still have no power getting through, there is no hint of LED's anywhere, not even a minute spin of a fan etc...

So I think my only option left is to RMA via ASUS.

I have one or two questions.

Firstly. I know when you send things away they state that they will wipe the system, as this is the case, do I need to include my internal SSD (it has all my games & info on it) will that be an issue so that they can simply then diagnose & fix the issue without affecting my SSD? The SSD is not the original one that came with the laptop as I replaced with a 1TB of my own.

Secondly. I am unsure what the costs are for "out of warranty" repairs with Asus, do they give you an option to simply stop work if they deem that the issue is not a manufacturers fault & allow return of the system? (I was thinking if it was the motherboard then I could possibly but a 2nd had one cheaper and replace myself)

Thirdly. Has anyone had experience of ASUS RMA procedure, it seems they collect from home & diagnose/fix then return... Is there any additional costs for shipping or anything else I should be aware of?

Fourthly. How long does RMA work usually take?

I've never had to return an ASUS laptop previously and just don't want to be hit with unexpected delay or costs. Any issues or pitfals I shoud be aware of greatly appreciated...

Many thanks in advance for any responses...

Jam
Working...
X