Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS X401 Laptop Can't be restored to factory settings

Hello, my name is Daniel.

I have an ASUS X401A in the original state, no memory or hdd updates. The only upgrade is windows 8.1 which was upgraded from windows 8.

I am trying to restore my laptop to factory settings but, when I click F9 after POST, nothing happens.

I tried to go to the "Reset this PC" but it gets me an error saying "Unable to reset this PC. A required drive is missing"

Now, when I login to Windows 8.1, I go to disk management and I see 6 partitions, all of them "HEALTHY":

1- - Simple/Basic EFI System partition 300mb
    2- - Simple/Basic Recovery Partition 600mb
    3- - Simple/Basic Recovery Partition 451mb
    4- - Simple/Basic Recovery Partition 20 gb
    5- Data D: Simple/Basic NTFS Primary partition 118.79gb
    6- OS C: Simple/Basic NTFS Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition 118.79gb

There is also, one more part of the HDD that is "unallocated" with a size of 39.06gb

I searched on the internet and some people seem to have been able to fix this, however, the procedure is not clear. They made it by giving a new ID to the recovery partition. The information, to me at least, seems a little garbled.
    So my question is: How can I make my laptop restore to original settings using the "Recovery" partition?

The laptop in question is an ASUS x401A, windows 8 (upgraded to windows 8.1) 4gb ddr3 RAM and 300gb (apparently) HDD 5400 rpm I presume.

It runs normal but, I just want it back to its original state.

Thanks in advance!
    PS - I searched the forum with the keyword "x401a" but nothing came up, so I am assuming im the first posting this issue here?
    Last edited by leinad23ec; 11-04-2015, 08:23 PM. Reason: misspelled words
Working...
X