Temp reading on sabertooth Fx 990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp reading on sabertooth Fx 990

I have a question. I have a Sabertooth FX990 motherboard. The Asus AI program shows the temps on the Cpu as 31c Mb 25c Vcore 1 34c vcore 2 33c
    and so on Cpuid HW monitor shows them all 2 too 3 C lower and when I had Amd overdrive on here they were 10 to 15 C difference.

How accurate is the temp reading coming from the board?

Re: Temp reading on sabertooth Fx 990

If I were to choose a piece of software to use for temperature monitoring, I would go with Realtemp for intel and Coretemp for AMD.

Comment

Thanks running it now. Will let you know how it goes

Comment

I downloaded Coretemp ran it now and its showing idle temps of 15c asus Ai suite is showing 28c too 30c. Amd overdrive is the same as coretemp

Using a infrared thermometer i was getting close too what coretemp is saying, I don't have the know how too start sticking probes in my Motherboard while its running but what i did find is the AI suite is about 12 too 15c high.

Thanks again for the advice on coretemp.

Comment

AIsuite will stop working properly on all sensors as soon as any other app tries to read the sensors. Have had it on all my boards .. reaches as far as spitting -270 degrees or even -256volt and such funny values. (Crosshair V Formula, Sabertooth Z77, E35M1-I Deluxe and F1A75-I Deluxe all have that issue)

Not sure if this was the start for you, but it could be.
          My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
          Whitey: ROG Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt, AMD 1090T @ 3.2GHz w. NZXT Havic 140, Corsair XMS3 1333 8GB kit, HIS IceQ X HD 6870, Corsair Force GT 120GB, OCZ Vertex4 256GB, Kingston SSDNow 16GB, Samsung 500GB 3½" in casedock when needed, Chieftec Nitro88+ 650W, NZXT H2 White, 3x Asus VS248 24"
          Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
          Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I shut down everything I could when running Asus AI. and ran each temp program alone and wrote down all the temps.
            was not sure if other programs could or would give a false reading. But seems it may bleh!!!

What got this started was my choice of cooler. I wanted too make sure everything is reading right. With AI suite running right after start up was hitting 28 on start up.
            My room is 65deg. with is around 18c I think so I was kinda worried that it was not reading right. my cooler is a Enermax ETD-T60 Vegas duo cooler. which is a downdraft cooler. never used one before like it so I been watching temps. over all seems too be working good.

Thanks again for all the help : )
            Last edited by rathar3; 08-29-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X