What the hey is going on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hey is going on here

win 7 Ultra 64 bit. GTX 570 video, intel 2 Quad cpu [email protected] GHz, 6Gb ram Asus P5N-D OCZ GXS 600 power. latest Bio 1401. 2 500 Gb hard drives. cpu is running at 2.67 GHz speed at 140F Temp. Started a month or so ago that it would come up on the install disk only with a repair each time, may run all day or may reboot a time or so. Changed disk with fresh install, same thing. Brought a 1TB Barracuda. Sometimes it is there and some times it is gone. I got win installed on it to the point it rebooted and no disk on reboot. Computed running slow, can't play any games on it or it just locks up. locks on anything at times. The only things I can't check are the Mb and the power supply. Tried of this. What to try next? Have to restart many time to get past post. Only 1 beep at post. What am I over looking???

Re: What the hey is going on here

Originally posted by onegerald View Post
    win 7 Ultra 64 bit. GTX 570 video, intel 2 Quad cpu [email protected] GHz, 6Gb ram Asus P5N-D OCZ GXS 600 power. latest Bio 1401. 2 500 Gb hard drives. cpu is running at 2.67 GHz speed at 140F Temp. Started a month or so ago that it would come up on the install disk only with a repair each time, may run all day or may reboot a time or so. Changed disk with fresh install, same thing. Brought a 1TB Barracuda. Sometimes it is there and some times it is gone. I got win installed on it to the point it rebooted and no disk on reboot. Computed running slow, can't play any games on it or it just locks up. locks on anything at times. The only things I can't check are the Mb and the power supply. Tried of this. What to try next? Have to restart many time to get past post. Only 1 beep at post. What am I over looking???
    140F? What cooler are you using? Have you installed any of the drivers(Sorry, I have to ask), mother board drivers, Chip set, Video, Direct X and internet drivers? 6GB of ram?

P5N-D - Motherboards - ASUS

^ Link to there trouble shooting page.
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Originally posted by jaggerwild View Post
      140F? What cooler are you using? Have you installed any of the drivers(Sorry, I have to ask), mother board drivers, Chip set, Video, Direct X and internet drivers? 6GB of ram?

P5N-D - Motherboards - ASUS

^ Link to there trouble shooting page.
      standard oem cooler, system is 5 or so years old. It had all drivers and no problems. was using 4 Gb of ram, added ram changing slots with only one and adding but no change. System will post and try to go to a repair but hangs.

Comment

Originally posted by onegerald View Post
        standard oem cooler, system is 5 or so years old. It had all drivers and no problems. was using 4 Gb of ram, added ram changing slots with only one and adding but no change. System will post and try to go to a repair but hangs.
        Ummm,
        Not sure what you mean? You added RAM changing slots?
        MSI X-99SLI
        Intel 5930K WATER
        EVGA Nilla 1080
        POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Did you try to load optimized defaults in the bios?
          Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
          i7-2600k i7-2600k
          G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
          Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
          EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
          Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
          Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

up dated to the latest bio, didn't help. brought a new bio chip with latest update didn't help. On the memory tried 1 ram, then switched to another 1, ended with all 4 slots in, no differents. will only booth with 1 HD on. It goes to windows starting and locks up. tried a new 1TB SEAGATE hd. i GOT IT PARTioned and window 7 ult on to the first rebooth and it came up and couldn't find a HD. I am thinking it must be the motherbroad.

Comment

Working...
            X