No announcement yet.

Any way to save BIOS settings when updating BIOS versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to save BIOS settings when updating BIOS versions?

I am reasonably certain the answer is no, but what the heck.

Just putting together a P8Z77-V Deluxe system. I presume that trying to keep settings through an update could lead to a mismatch between setting fields and the new code. What I would like is a way to save settings and reapply after a firmware update. Is there a way?

Assuming no, is there a way to capture the settings information to at least get a list of what they were prior to the update of the BIOS?
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    i7 3770
    2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
    Integrated graphics
    Seasonic Platinum 760W
    be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
    Fractal Define XL R2 case
    Win 8.1 64 Pro

Re: Any way to save BIOS settings when updating BIOS versions?

My ASUS P67 board allows up to eight BIOS setting profiles to be saved and loaded. The option is called ASUS O.C. Profile and found in the Tools menu.

Your board may have this option elsewhere, but the BIOS profiles feature has been around for at least several years, my ASUS X58 board also has a BIOS profiles option. I would be surprised if your board does not have this feature.

You can also press the F12 key when in the BIOS to save screenshots of the current BIOS page.

My ASRock Z77 board has a Windows utility that allows you to save or load BIOS profiles in Windows, and saves the profiles on the OS drive. I don't know if ASUS has that feature too.

Some BIOS version updates add or change options to the extent that the profiles saved from the previous BIOS version will not work with the BIOS. In that case, the old profiles may be deleted automatically, as I have seen a few times.

Comment

Thanks, I will look for that. I have not seen it mentioned in the documentation I have read so far.
      Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
      i7 3770
      2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
      Integrated graphics
      Seasonic Platinum 760W
      be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
      Fractal Define XL R2 case
      Win 8.1 64 Pro

Comment

you can also plug in a usb memory stick and take screenshots of each bios setting/page by pressing f12 I think it is

EDIT: ooops already mentioned
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X