Asus p5Q sometimes reset date and time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus p5Q sometimes reset date and time

Hello, I got a problem here from a shot circuit of my Stavol Cable (soft starter)

I was using Windows XP 32bit sp3, and got force-turn OFF the computer 3times in a row,
    and i got a boot failure so I reinstall the XP sp3 and delete all the partition like a new, but there's some kind of problem i never met before such as failure to install some programs, so i choose to upgrade my OS to the new one, win7 64bit Ultimate and solve the problem, no boot failure and no installation error

before I decide to re-install the OS, I search some blog which could re-solve the problem from a booting failure, one of the method is clean my RAM slot>detach my CMOS battery>clear CMOS and all three methods cannot made me enter the desktop, only a setting to 'Megatrend, press f1 or f2 to load default setting etc i don't remember but its a kind of black blank page with American Megatrend option on it..

and the next problem occur, with my Win7 64bit Ultimate it often reset the Date and Time even i press f2 to load the last saved setting in the Megatrend page at the first time before the pc entering desktop (this Megatrend menu not always appear, it is random 1 to 6days, but when it appear, it reset all my date and time setting)

is it any hardware damaged or any jumper/battery not properly plugged? because i never do reset cmos battery and jumper before..

any solution? thx

Here is my PC spec:
    Asus P5Q
    Processor Core2Duo E8400
    RAM 2x1gb
    Ati Radeon HD4670 512mb
    PowerSupply 450watt Asus

Re: Asus p5Q sometimes reset date and time

CMOS battery could be dead. Replace it and go from there.

Comment

thx sir!
      this is a week since i replace the motherboard battery, and the cmos menu not yet appear again today..

thx :)

Comment

I'm not sure but I think I had a similar problem when my RAM required more voltage than standard.

I had to borrow (in the end I bought) some cheap RAM that allowed me to get into bios and increase the memory voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by doug12 View Post
          I'm not sure but I think I had a similar problem when my RAM required more voltage than standard.

I had to borrow (in the end I bought) some cheap RAM that allowed me to get into bios and increase the memory voltage.

Not at all related to the problem..

Vin
          Main Rig
          OS = Win10-64Bit
          CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
          Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
          MB = Asus ROG C6H
          GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
          HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
          PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
          Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
          OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
          CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
          Mem = 24GB RAM
          MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
          GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
          HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
          Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
          PSU = Corsair TX750
          Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
          X